Enabling them to capitalize on revenue in the short-term as they build out their LTE/WiMAX networks
Gaithersburg, MD – February 15, 2010 – BroadSoft, Inc., the worldwide leader of VoIP applications to the telecommunications industry, today unveiled BroadWorks Mobility Suite, a comprehensive set of mobile features for its flagship BroadWorks Application Server platform. Designed specifically for mobile and converged operators, these capabilities integrate seamlessly with today’s 2G and 3G networks, as well as VoIP-capable 4G LTE and WiMAX networks. With BroadWorks Mobility Suite, mobile operators can pursue new markets, enabling them to increase revenues, improve profit margins and grow average revenue per user (ARPU), all while ensuring higher customer satisfaction.
The BroadWorks Mobility Suite includes:
- Mobile SIP trunk – a major enhancement to BroadSoft’s SIP trunking solution, our Mobile SIP trunk leverages a premises-based component called the Mobile Manager to deliver fixed-mobile convergence over SIP trunks to a premises PBX, giving enterprises greater control over how corporate mobile devices are used;
- Native mobile SS7 support – allowing BroadWorks to seamlessly integrate with mobile networks using standard GSM MAP, CAMEL, ANSI-41 MAP and WIN protocols;
- Location-based services – such as Home Zone/Office Zone preferential calling rates, location-based call routing and mobile presence and location applications for Unified Communications;
- Short Message Service (SMS) 2.0 – extending SMS services beyond mobile phones, to all IP-enabled devices, whether a fixed phone, a soft-phone or web-enabled consumer device;
- Rich Communications Suite (RCS) – integrating presence, instant messaging, content sharing, and multimedia messaging service with voice and video calling; and
- Voice over LTE (“One Voice”) support – allowing mobile operators to migrate voice and SMS traffic to LTE at their own pace, without additional development investment.
“BroadWorks Mobility Suite addresses the challenges many mobile operators face today, the desire to offer the latest innovative communication services to capitalize on new revenue opportunities in the near-term, while developing their 3G and 4G IP-network build-out strategies,” said Scott Hoffpauir, chief technology officer for BroadSoft. “We are enabling mobile operators to expand into new market segments, while ensuring our BroadWorks mobile capabilities easily migrate to future networks, such as LTE and WiMAX.”
To leverage the newest BroadWorks mobile capabilities, BroadSoft has developed solutions for both the business and consumer sectors; BroadWorks Mobile Unified Communications and BroadWorks Mobile Consumer Experience.
BroadWorks Mobile Unified Communications
Businesses are facing new challenges with the growth of distributed workforces and ever-changing business regulations. With BroadWorks Mobile Unified Communications (UC), mobile operators can now deliver enterprise IP communications capabilities not available from legacy intelligent network (IN) based solutions. Mobile UC meets the sophisticated communications needs of today’s enterprises by enabling them to:
- Manage communication costs and meet government regulations by extending company policies to employee mobile devices and tracking mobile phone use in real-time;
- Enhance employee efficiency and collaboration by extending Unified Communications capabilities, including the integration of enterprise applications such as CRM and ERP, to mobile devices; and
- Improve “reachability” of employees by leveraging a mobile operator’s ability to deliver any IP communication service to a single number, including voice, SMS, IM, presence and location-based applications.
BroadWorks Mobile Consumer Experience
BroadWorks Mobile Consumer Experience meets the demands of today’s hyper-connected society, allowing individuals to stay connected anytime, anywhere and with any device. By utilizing this new solution, mobile operators have the power to bolster customer satisfaction by allowing consumers to:
- Take control and have peace of mind by managing all of their communications services and devices from a single account, from a secure network;
- Use their desired communication method, voice, video, chat, text-messaging, content sharing, at any time and from anywhere; and
- Optimize their communication experience by seamlessly moving a call from their mobile phone to their fixed high-definition line or video device when they arrive home.
BroadSoft is attending this week’s GMSA organized Mobile World Congress February 15 – 18, 2010 in Barcelona, Spain where they will be meet with mobile operators to discuss these new capabilities.
BroadSoft, the world-wide leader of VoIP application software, enables the delivery of hosted telephony and multimedia services. BroadSoft’s family of carrier-class products, including its award-winning flagship BroadWorks®www.broadsoft.com. technology, enables fixed-line, mobile and cable providers to decrease their operational costs and increase revenue opportunities by delivering feature-rich IP voice and multimedia applications. BroadSoft products deliver the scale, open architecture and reliability that the world’s leading telecommunications companies demand to serve mission-critical enterprise and consumer broadband customers. BroadSoft provides VoIP applications to 15 of the top 25 largest carriers worldwide, as measured by 2009 revenues, including KPN, Korea Telecom, Qwest, SingTel, Sprint, Swisscom, Telefonica de Espana, Telstra, T-Systems and Verizon. For additional information, go to
BroadSoft and BroadWorks are registered trademarks of BroadSoft, Inc. All other names are trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information please contact:
Becca Daniel or Sean Jackson
+44 207 751 4444
BroadSoft PR Contact:
Vice President, Marketing
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date