Funding, Acquisitions and Expansions Top List of Accomplishments
(Louisville, Colo.) January 12, 2010 – Zayo Bandwidth, a regional provider of fiber based bandwidth infrastructure, and a provider of carrier neutral colocation services, reflected upon key initiatives and milestones in 2009.
Key acquisition and significant organic growth were the drivers behind another successful year for Zayo Bandwidth. Key milestones included:
- Zayo Group’s acquisition of FiberNet Telecom Group led to (1) the addition of important bandwidth infrastructure and customers to Zayo Bandwidth’s existing business, and (2) the creation of Zayo Colocation, Inc. (zColo), an independent business unit focused on colocation and interconnection services. The acquisition resulted in Zayo being the exclusive operator of the 60 Hudson Street Meet-Me-Room in New York City and expanded Zayo’s network in key gateway markets of New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles and Miami.
- In addition to the above, Zayo Bandwidth added or expanded service offerings materially in Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Ohio, Philadelphia, Tennessee, Texas and Washington.
- Zayo Bandwidth spent approximately $45M on network expansion in CY 2009, adding approximately 400 buildings to its fiber network, bringing total on-net buildings to approximately 2,160.
- Zayo Bandwidth maintained its focus on fiber to the tower expansion, adding over 250 new cellular towers to its network. Total towers served by year end numbered approximately 850. Several additional fiber to the tower development or expansion agreements were signed throughout 2009, which will result in Zayo Bandwidth adding several hundred additional towers in 2010.
- Zayo Bandwidth grew its carrier hotel, data center and central office facilities presence to approximately 150 facilities across their network.
- Single and multi-tenant enterprise high bandwidth locations also grew, now totaling more than 850 buildings.
“It has been an exciting year. Our rate of progress is industry leading and our growth in revenue and EBITDA margins are a testament to that,” said John Scarano COO of Zayo Group and President of Zayo Bandwidth. “We thank our customers for their continued support and all of our employees for making our year so successful.”
As one of the largest and fastest growing providers of bandwidth infrastructure, Zayo Bandwidth currently boasts a unique 20,000 mile fiber optic network offering services in 131 markets spanning 23 states.
“Our customers continue to reflect the demand for custom-built bandwidth infrastructure. It is genuinely exciting to be able to solve their bandwidth needs in a constructive, responsive manner despite the unstable economic climate surrounding us,” stated Brad Cheedle, SVP Sales and Marketing for Zayo Bandwidth. “Speaking for all employees, we do not take for granted the ability to utilize a healthy capital program that is earmarked for network expansions on behalf of our customers. We look forward to continued success in 2010.”
About Zayo Bandwidth
Zayo Bandwidth, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zayo Group, owns and operates fiber optic networks totaling over 20,000 fiber route miles. Zayo Bandwidth (www.zayo.com/bandwidth) offers services in 131 markets spanning 23 states. Zayo Bandwidth primarily provides bandwidth infrastructure services to the largest consumers of raw bandwidth in the United States.
About Zayo Colocation
Zayo Colocation, Inc., also known as zColo, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zayo Group, and provides world-class, carrier-neutral colocation and interconnection services. zColo is the exclusive operator of the 60 Hudson Street Meet-Me-Room and other premier colocation facilities in the NY/NJ metro market, Chicago and Los Angeles.
About Zayo Group
Based in Louisville, Colo., Zayo Group (www.zayo.com) operates four business units, including Zayo Bandwidth, zColo, Zayo Enterprise Networks and Onvoy Voice Services, and primarily provides telecom and internet infrastructure services to carriers, wireless service providers, Media, CATV, Internet and other bandwidth intensive businesses. Bandwidth infrastructure services, are primarily provided over our fiber networks using equipment we own and operate. Neutral collocation services are provided in facilities that we operate in some of the largest data centers and carrier hotels on the East Coast. For various Group updates, follow Zayo on Twitter: ZayoGroup.
For more information contact: