HERNDON, Va – April 3, 2023 – Console Connect, a leading Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) platform, has today launched a new Access Port service, Edge Port, which enables businesses to plug directly into the Console Connect platform from enterprise locations worldwide.
Edge Port provides businesses across the United States and nine other markets with a dedicated connection to the Console Connect platform and network from their office location, enabling access to fast, reliable and agile connectivity to accelerate digital transformation.
Edge Port helps businesses to rapidly grow and scale their digital ecosystem, interconnecting their office location seamlessly to clouds, applications, devices and any other business that is connected to the Console Connect platform.
Businesses can order an Edge Port to their office location in 10 markets, including the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Africa, UK.
Through a single Edge Port, businesses can access Console Connect’s full range of on-demand connectivity services, including dedicated Layer 2 and Layer 3 connectivity and a premium internet service.
Console Connect users can manage and pay for their connectivity in real-time using the Console Connect management portal or integrate their services via API.
The platform puts users in control of Console Connect’s advanced MPLS network infrastructure, which delivers high levels of speed, security, and performance to meet the needs of mission-critical workloads and applications.
Mr. Michael Glynn, Senior Vice President, Digital Automated Innovation, Console Connect, said, “Edge Port brings the power of network automation all the way to your office building and empowers Console Connect users to build their own private virtual networks that can be scaled to meet the needs of their business. With many businesses still trying to understand how to meet the needs of their hybrid workforce, Edge Port gives them greater flexibility and choice with their global connectivity and makes it easier and more secure to access critical cloud-based services.”
Businesses can order and manage their Edge Port service via the Console Connect management portal.
By ordering multiple Edge Ports, businesses can privately connect their office locations worldwide and dynamically adjust bandwidth during peak periods of network traffic.
Other features of the Edge Port include:
- Users can log-in to Console Connect and get real-time quotes for establishing a fixed-line connection directly to an office building.
- Businesses can order a premium Internet service to their premises for as little as a day, providing back-up bandwidth during periods when office space is in high use. Console Connect has recently announced some enhancements to its Internet On-Demand service.
- Console Connect recently launched Edge SIM, which enables businesses to connect directly to the Console Connect platform through multiple connected devices. Edge SIM supports the needs of a remote workforce by dynamically routing traffic between devices, clouds, enterprise locations and other network endpoints – without mobile traffic being exposed to the public internet.
- The Console Connect platform is integrated with the world’s largest cloud providers, direct connections to and between AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Oracle Cloud and others.
- Edge Ports are initially available to order in 10 markets: the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Africa and the UK (lead times for Edge Port activation vary per location). More countries will be added throughout 2023.
About Console Connect
Console Connect is a platform for Software Defined Interconnection® of applications and infrastructures. It allows users to self-provision private, high-performance connections among a global ecosystem of enterprises, networks, clouds, SaaS providers, IoT providers and applications providers.
Console Connect is the only digital platform that is underpinned by one of the world’s largest private networks and a Tier 1 global IP network that is ranked in the top 10 for IPv4 and IPv6 peering, delivering higher levels of network performance, speed, and security to meet the digital needs of today’s interconnected users and communities.
Accessible from 900+ data centers in 50+ countries worldwide, the platform is integrated with all major hyperscale cloud providers, including AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Alibaba Cloud and more. Through the Console Connect portal or via its API, users can access a broad range of native and third party solutions.
For more information, please visit: www.consoleconnect.com
For more information, please contact: