LONDON, UK – April 20, 2022 – Equinix, Inc. (NASDAQ:EQIX, news, filings), the world’s digital infrastructure company™, and NexGen Networks, a global digital infrastructure company and provider of fibre optic-based network solutions, today announced the expansion of their collaboration to meet increasing capacity demand from leading financial services firms and global enterprises.
In a digital economy where businesses are required to be agile and adaptable, a fixed approach to infrastructure—with its high up-front costs and long deployment times—is no longer tenable. Financial firms are gaining cost savings and flexibility by using the cloud for a broader range of applications—moving beyond back-office functions to business-critical activities including trading motions.
NexGen is leveraging Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centres in Frankfurt (FR4) and London (LD8) to create digital diversity in these key European cities and enable its customers to stay ahead of their competitors in an industry dependent on low-latency and secure IT infrastructure. The expansion will deliver increased access to critical digital infrastructure in the two leading global financial and commercial centres, while extending secure direct cloud connectivity for both NexGen and its customers.
Janesh Mistry, Senior Sales Director, EMEA at NexGen Networks, said: “The collaboration with Equinix will enable NexGen to meet the growing demands for connectivity solutions across major European hubs. We’re excited to see the positive impacts of these efficient, world-class facilities benefit not only UK and European enterprises, but also international corporations seeking regional secure direct access to cloud services and other critical business partners.”
The deployments will provide access to direct and settlement-free IP interconnection infrastructure, delivering a full range of premium colocation, interconnection and support services alongside a major peering and internet exchange point across Europe and other key international markets.
Russell Poole, Managing Director for Equinix in the UK, added: “The financial services industry is a key sector for the UK economy and one we’re keen to continue to support as players look to innovate and grow. NexGen Networks’ expansion with us in the UK will further underpin that, providing its customers with access to critical digital infrastructure in key global financial and commercial markets.”
As a long-time customer of Equinix, NexGen Networks has utilised Equinix’s global footprint of data centres and services to establish a presence in many of the top metros for international trading markets.
NexGen’s expansion into LD8 and FR4 further supports its customers in seamlessly connecting to business partners around the world, while leveraging secure cloud connectivity. NexGen Networks is already deployed with Equinix in Ashburn Virginia, Brazil, Chicago, Dallas, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, São Paulo, Tokyo and Toronto.
- NexGen Networks is a leading provider of tailored, high-capacity communications services to carrier and enterprise customers. It offers a comprehensive suite of facilities-based services, delivering connectivity to major metropolitan areas in EMEA, Asia, Latin America and North America.
- Through Equinix, NexGen customers will be able to connect their corporate IT infrastructure to global cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud, via Equinix FabricTM, for a high-performance solution and enhanced user experience.
- With more than 235 IBX data centres in 65+ markets across 27 countries, Equinix’s facilities provide a dynamic environment where diverse business ecosystems of major networks, enterprises, cloud and network service providers and other critical partners, interconnect and underpin digital business strategies. NexGen Networks’ customers benefit from these interconnection opportunities, as well as from direct access to important banking, commerce, and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Findings from the Equinix 2020-21 Global Tech Trends Survey of 2,600 IT decision-makers revealed 67% of respondents in the UK view moving their infrastructure to the digital edge as a priority, an increase from 45% the previous year. Meanwhile, 69% of respondents in Germany stated the same was a priority, up from 46% previously. Globally, this figure is slightly lower at 65%. The survey also found 76% of UK respondents plan to move more functions to the cloud, compared to 62% in Germany and 68% globally.
- The Global Interconnection Index (GXI), Volume 5, a market study published by Equinix, forecasts that overall interconnection bandwidth—the measure of private connectivity for the transfer of data between organisations—will achieve a 46% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2019 to 2024.
- 3 Components of Digital Infrastructure in Financial Services [blog]
- Learn more about Equinix Fabric™ [website]
- Learn more about Platform Equinix® [website]
- Equinix 2020-21 Global Tech Trends Survey [eBook]
- Global Interconnection Index, Volume 5 [report]
Equinix (NASDAQ: EQIX) is the world’s digital infrastructure company, enabling digital leaders to harness a trusted platform to bring together and interconnect the foundational infrastructure that powers their success. Equinix enables today’s businesses to access all the right places, partners and possibilities they need to accelerate advantage. With Equinix, they can scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences and multiply their value.
About NexGen Networks
NexGen Networks, is the premier provider of tailored, high-capacity communications services to carrier and enterprise customers. NexGen Networks is committed to delivering cost-effective, custom solutions coupled with superior industry expertise, service and support that allows for unparalleled time to market connectivity. It offers a comprehensive suite of facilities-based services including Ethernet, SONET, Wavelength, Dark Fiber, Internet Access, Colocation and more. Its fiber optic network leverages unique rights-of-way that deliver connectivity to the major metropolitan areas in North America, Europe and the Far East. While consistently building upon its private and public IP and Ethernet expertise and evolving its capabilities to continually meet the needs of its customers, large and small, it has continued to maintain a superior standard of customer service and support.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX® data centres and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centres; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix Media Relations Equinix Investor Relations
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date