Nokia chosen by Ooredoo Group for 5G fixed wireless access and Wi-Fi solutions in MENA
- Nokia FastMile 5G indoor gateway and window mount receiver to enable Ooredoo affiliates across Middle East and North Africa to provide new services demanding extreme high speeds and reliable connectivity
- Nokia Mesh WiFi solution with Beacon B1.1, Beacon B2 and Beacon 6 offer Ooredoo subscribers reliable, high-performance whole-home Wi-Fi coverage
15 December 2021
Espoo, Finland – Nokia today announced that it has been selected by Ooredoo Group to supply 5G CPEs and whole-home mesh WiFi solution to residential and enterprise customers. The Nokia Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) and WiFi solutions will enable Ooredoo to create additional revenue streams through new and exciting offers, such as smart home services and Internet of Things (IoT).
Nokia’s easy to install FastMile 5G CPEs will connect effortlessly to Ooredoo operating companies’ 5G network to provide seamless, ultra-high-speed broadband connectivity to premises. It opens a host of opportunities for Ooredoo to deliver services that demand more bandwidth and high-speed data services, such as gaming and HD video streaming.
Nokia WiFi Beacons deliver uninterrupted Wi-Fi speeds, ensure coverage in every corner of the premise and automatically optimize the mesh Wi-Fi network to ensure the best experience.
Christian Friedrich Linhart, Ooredoo Group Chief Procurement Officer, said: “Ooredoo launched the world’s first commercial 5G network in 2018 and this partnership with Nokia is allowing us to keep ahead. Nokia’s FastMile 5G devices will allow us to extend the reach of our 5G wireless network into the home environment to enable Smart Home and IoT connectivity for customers. We believe this solution will greatly enhance our customers’ internet experience across our global footprint.”
Ricky Corker, Chief Customer Experience Officer at Nokia, said: “Operators like Ooredoo affiliates want to create extraordinary experiences for their customers and our 5G Fixed Wireless Access solution helps them achieve this. With our FastMile solution, Ooredoo will be able to unlock the vast potential of its wireless mobile infrastructure and bring the benefits of 5G into the home to deliver new ultra-broadband services that enhance the user experience.”
Overview of the solution to be used for deployment:
- Nokia FastMile 5G Gateway is a stylish, self-install gateway that delivers a high speed of up to 1 Gigabit per second using up to 11dBi Antenna gain and mesh Wi-Fi capabilities
- Nokia FastMile 5G Receiver is a single indoor/outdoor receiver that is easy to deploy. It is equipped with a high gain antenna (up to 9 dBi), has multiple mounting options and does not require any manual orientation. The device is compatible with Nokia WiFi Beacons.
- The Nokia Beacon 1.1 provides end-users with a dual band AC1200 in-home mesh WiFi solution that is affordable and delivers great performance
- The Nokia Beacon 2 provides a dual band AX1800 WiFi solution with Wi-Fi 6 that delivers maximum performance for end-users seeking intelligent, seamless whole home WiFi
- The Nokia Beacon 6 provides a dual band AX4200 WiFi solution with Wi-Fi 6 that delivers maximum performance for end-users seeking intelligent, seamless whole home WiFi
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
Ooredoo is an international communications company operating across the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. Serving consumers and businesses in 10 countries, Ooredoo delivers the leading data experience through a broad range of content and services via its advanced, data-centric mobile and fixed networks.
Ooredoo generated revenues of QAR 30 billion as of 31 December 2019. Its shares are listed on the Qatar Stock Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.
Nokia Media Relations
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900