First 800G network in Poland brings faster speeds, greater capacity for a digital future
HANOVER, Md. – November 22, 2021 – T-Mobile Polska, one of the largest mobile operators in Poland, selected a coherent optical solution from Ciena (NASDAQ:CIEN, news, filings) for its high-performance, flexible 800G network. Leveraging Ciena’s technology, T Mobile Polska will offer a new long-distance 400 Gigabit Ethernet (400GbE) service to its enterprise, content provider, and wholesale customers, to address exponential traffic growth brought on by omnipresent remote work, learning, and entertainment.
- To satisfy skyrocketing bandwidth demands from data services and cloud applications, T Mobile Polska is deploying Ciena’s WaveLogic 5 Extreme coherent optics over a 6500 fully flexible colorless, directionless, and contentionless photonic system.
- Digitization is a driving force for growth in the business sector. The Ciena solution will be used to provide high-capacity 500Gbps–800Gbps wavelength connectivity, low latency, and reliability, making it possible to transport services such as 5G, cloud, and data center interconnect (DCI) at a lower cost per bit. Additionally, encryption capabilities allow for secure transmission of sensitive financial and government data.
- The network is managed by Ciena’s Manage, Control and Plan (MCP) domain controller, allowing for operational efficiency and quick turnup of new services. With MCP, T Mobile Polska can rapidly identify, troubleshoot, and repair any issues that arise.
- “Customer experience is always top of mind for us. Ciena’s solution provides the capacity and flexibility to quickly respond to customers’ surging bandwidth needs, letting us deliver services like DCI and wholesale today while cost-effectively scaling to meet the demands of tomorrow.”
Marcin Dobrowolski, Transmission and Infrastructure Department Director, T-Mobile Polska
- “There’s increasing demand for ‘big pipe’ connectivity throughout Poland, and our innovative coherent optical solution is helping T-Mobile Polska roll out the high-speed services that a digital economy requires.”
Virginie Hollebecque, Vice President and Leader of EMEA at Ciena
About T-Mobile Polska
T‑Mobile Polska is one of the largest mobile operators in Poland, serving over 11 million customers. It provides a full range of telecommunications services to individual and business customers, including mobile and fixed-line telephony and internet access. For more information, visit https://www.t-mobile.pl .
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our customers create the Adaptive Network in response to the constantly changing demands of their end-users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com .
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “should,” “will,” and “would” or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.