Initiative will provide more consumer choice, innovative services, and high-performance connectivity via Fiber-to-the-Home technology
QUINCY, Mass., November 30, 2021 – Atlantic Broadband, the nation’s eighth-largest cable operator, today announced a major growth plan that will extend fiber services into communities not previously served by the company.
Atlantic Broadband will invest $82 million in its current fiscal year to extend its reach to nearly 70,000 additional homes and businesses, providing Gig internet, home WiFi, Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) and voice services via advanced Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) technology.
Franchise agreements have been obtained or are underway in multiple communities in New Hampshire and West Virginia, including the cities of Concord, Dover and Somersworth and the towns of Durham and Madbury in New Hampshire, as well as the cities of Westover and Morgantown, and the towns of Granville and Star City in West Virginia.
“We are grateful to the communities that have received our franchise applications with such enthusiasm, as consumers in these locations will soon have a new choice in providers,” said Frank van der Post, President of Atlantic Broadband. “We look forward to serving these communities by delivering superfast internet, cloud-based TV, and a phenomenal customer experience as we pursue our high-growth plans.”
Atlantic Broadband will connect residential and business customers in these communities with best-in-class services to meet every need, including:
- Ultra-High-Speed Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) technology, which delivers reliable, symmetrical internet speeds for great download and upload performance. This technology will provide customers in these communities with an exceptional online experience for distance learning, work-from-home, telehealth, gaming and more.
- WiFi Your WayTM, a managed wireless internet solution providing expanded WiFi coverage with enhanced reliability and superfast speeds in every area of the home.
- IPTV, which is a feature-rich, cloud-based video experience allowing customers to access live and recorded programs through a single, easy-to-use interface on every device in and outside the home.
- Unlimited Phone, which offers unlimited nationwide calling, popular calling features and an online phone manager.
- Business-Class Communications with internet speeds up to 10 Gbps, Hosted Voice, 4G Backup, and advanced fiber services, including dedicated internet access and point-to-point.
“Our community benefits when there are good choices of providers and services,” said Robin Comstock, Economic Development Manager for the City of Somersworth, New Hampshire, which in June approved the grant of franchise for Atlantic Broadband to begin providing service in the city. “The state-of-the-art fiber infrastructure will provide a new option for residential and business members of our community, help drive economic vitality and keep us ahead of the technological curve.”
The first customer activations are expected in early 2022. As construction is completed throughout the year in each of the locations, Atlantic Broadband will notify local residents of its planned schedule for activation by neighborhood.
The expansion initiative follows Atlantic Broadband’s acquisition in September of the cable systems of Wide Open West (WOW!) in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, which added nearly 690,000 serviceable households and businesses to the company’s footprint.
ABOUT ATLANTIC BROADBAND
Atlantic Broadband, a subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc. (TSX: CCA), is the eighth- largest cable operator in the United States. The company provides its residential and business customers with Internet, TV and Phone services in 12 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. WiFi Your Way is a registered trademark of Atlantic Broadband.