Nokia supports ARC in deploying data center interconnect across the Middle East
- ARC implements high speed connectivity between an initial four major data center locations in the region
- Solution offers businesses high capacity and ultra-low latency for critical applications
- ARC is deploying Nokia industry-leading IP/optical technology across the region
19 October 2021
Espoo, Finland – Nokia today announced it has been selected as the prime supplier by ARC Solutions to provide a high-capacity data center interconnection solution in the Middle East. The initial deployment, covering four major business locations, was deployed in a record time of six months to meet increasing traffic demands from ARC customers in the region.
ARC, a joint venture between UAE's du and Bahrain's Batelco, has deployed Nokia IP and optical solutions to provide high-capacity connectivity between SmartHub (UAE), datamena (UAE), GlobalZone (Bahrain) and Muscat MC1 (Oman). Network-centric organizations are able to benefit from seamless high-speed interconnection with a growing ecosystem of ICT platforms across the region, including local network providers, cloud providers and internet exchange platforms.
Mahesh Jaishankar, CEO of ARC, said: “The Nokia solution gives us the ability to offer our customers rich, reliable and secure connectivity over a purpose-built platform between all key Middle East data center locations. As a focused middle-mile network service provider, ARC is building a robust, resilient and flexible pan-regional data center interconnect network that will allow customers to connect their last mile solutions to the cloud and other service providers. The initial deployment across four key locations in the region was completed in record time with Nokia’s help during the period of COVID travel restrictions and supply chain challenges.”
Manuel Ortiz Fernandez, Senior Vice President of EMEA Webscale business at Nokia, said: “ARC has broad knowledge and deep experience serving some of the largest and most dynamic businesses in the Middle East. We are pleased that ARC has chosen to deploy our industry-leading IP/optical solution to bring high speed data center connectivity to its customers in the region.”
Notes to editors
The agreement covers:
- Nokia 1830 PSSThe Nokia 1830 Photonic Service Switch (PSS) is an optical Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) transport platform that supports 100G–600G wavelengths, agile wavelength routing, and multilayer switching and services. The 1830 PSS provides efficient optical transport from access to core and supports a wide range of applications and services, including data center interconnect, metro and long-haul transport, wavelength services, Carrier Ethernet, and mobile and broadband backhaul.
- Nokia 7250 IXRThe 7250 Interconnect Router (IXR) platforms are purpose-built IP routers that deliver multi-terabit access, aggregation and interconnection within data centers and across the wide area network (WAN). They offer exceptional network performance, scale and reliability to enable service providers, webscale companies and enterprises to meet increasing IP traffic demands.
- Webpage: Nokia 7250 interconnect router
- Webpage: Nokia 1830 Photonic Service Switch
- Webpage: Networking at webscale
At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
ARC is a provider of integrated networking solutions that simplify connecting and optimising applications and services across the Middle East.
Carriers, enterprises, cloud and content providers benefit from intelligent edge networking that delivers rapid access to networks, points of presence, data centre infrastructure and subsea cable systems. ARC puts customers and partners in control of their connectivity across the region’s commercial and communication hubs.
Launched as an independent provider with investments from du and Batelco, ARC experts have experience in connecting hubs in the region and serving the most innovative local and global businesses.
Phone: +358 10 448 4900