SD-WAN and SWG Vendors Must Embrace SASE to Remain Relevant
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 24, 2021 – Dell’Oro Group, the trusted source for market information about the telecommunications, networks, and Cloud data center IT industries announced today a new update of the Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) advanced research report that describes how SASE is expected to hit double-digit billion-dollar revenue by 2025.
“As enterprises pivot towards becoming cloud-first and mobile-friendly, they are running into the structural deficiencies of the hub-and-spoke model and need alternatives,” said Mauricio Sanchez, Director at Dell’Oro Group. “The need for more agility, better scalability, and ubiquitous security has driven the vendor community to respond with the convergence of software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) and secure web gateway (SWG) solutions into a new architecture under the SASE umbrella. As a result, enterprises’ interest in SASE is skyrocketing.”
Additional highlights from the SASE advanced research report:
- The number of SASE technology vendors has grown from a handful to 35.
- Over the past year, communications service providers have rapidly embraced SASE due to many technology vendor choices, the ease and low risk of deployment, and new revenue potential.
- Two major SASE implementations types exist in the market, unified and disaggregated. Unified type consists of single-vendor, tightly integrated SASE platforms. Disaggregated type is a multi-vendor or multi-product implementation with less integration than unified. Unified type will grow faster than disaggregated, but not surpass it by total revenue through 2025.
Dell’Oro Group’s SASE advanced research report provides an in-depth analysis of the SASE market opportunity against the backdrop of our multi-year coverage of the SD-WAN, SWG, and Firewall markets. The report addresses key topics, including:
- Key market drivers behind SASE
- SASE architecture and its five components
- SASE technology vendor landscape
- Five differentiators among SASE technology vendors
- Service provider use cases for SASE
- 5-year SASE market forecast
For more information about the report, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dell’Oro Group is a market research firm that specializes in strategic competitive analysis in the telecommunications, enterprise networks, and data center IT markets. Our firm provides in-depth quantitative data and qualitative analysis to facilitate critical, fact-based business decisions. For more information, contact Dell’Oro Group at +1.650.622.9400 or visit www.delloro.com.