Automated DDoS attack mitigation further safeguards Plusnet’s national network from malicious outages
Munich, Germany, June 23, 2021 – Juniper Networks, a leader in secure, AI-driven networks, announced today that Plusnet, an organization providing communications and network services to 25,000 businesses in Germany, has selected Juniper Networks and Corero Joint DDoS Protection Solution to protect its infrastructure, business and customers.
DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks have always been a part of the threat landscape, but their frequency, magnitude and sophistication are constantly increasing. Plusnet, which reaches 200 cities and regions of Germany, previously relied on an internal data filtering solution to analyze anomalies in traffic patterns. However, this in-house solution required manual intervention, which was neither practical nor effective as attacks mounted and evolved. Plusnet needed to automate DDoS mitigation with effective, dynamic and scalable protection to defend its national network from attack-driven outages.
- Plusnet took an active approach to thwart DDoS attacks with Juniper Networks and Corero Joint DDoS Protection, delivering real-time detection and line-rate mitigation of DDoS attacks, which is able to identify and block very significant attacks in seconds.
- The joint solution removes malicious traffic at the network edge, as close to the source as possible, delivering fast and effective protection cost effectively.
- Juniper Networks® MX Series Universal Routing Platforms work together with Corero SmartWall Threat Defense Director to rapidly identify, precisely detect and automate mitigation of attacks. Analytics and continuous monitoring provide comprehensive visibility of data patterns and anomalies for network security professionals.
- As DDoS attacks continue to increase, the protection capacity provided by this solution can be expanded to tens of terabits per second.
“During the testing phase of the Juniper-Corero solution, we could see a manageable stream of DDoS attacks. With the Juniper-Corero solution, Plusnet is able to further improve network protection without any significant impact on network performance.”
- Ralf Weber, Head of Competence Center Network & Security, Plusnet
“Service providers need to ensure that their business operations are always available without any downtime to deliver a reliable user experience. Plusnet has taken a proactive approach and has completely automated DDoS attack mitigation, ensuring its operations are comprehensively protected 24/7 against the ever-present and growing risk of business disruption and extortion.”
- Steffen Gienger, Senior Director, Service Provider Sales, EMEA, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the inherent complexity that comes with networking in the multicloud era. We do this with products, solutions and services that transform the way people connect, work and live. We simplify the process of transitioning to a secure and automated multicloud environment to enable secure, AI-driven networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net), or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Juniper, Junos, and other trademarks listed here are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners