Nokia’s GPON solution to power AirFiber Networks’ fiber expansion in Bangalore and Tamil Nadu, India
- Nokia’s GPON solution will enable Airfiber Networks to provide superior broadband services to its residential subscribers
- The new network will allow AirFiber Networks to launch premium services, helping the ISP boost its revenue
27 May 2021
New Delhi, India – Nokia today announced that AirFiber Networks, an Internet Service Provider (ISP) in Bangalore and Tamil Nadu in South India, will use its broadband solution to launch high-speed data services and expand its network to better serve its subscribers. Nokia’s Gigabit Passive Optical Networking (GPON) solution will enable AirFiber Networks to provide high-speed broadband services in Bangalore and underpenetrated areas across the state of Tamil Nadu, aiming to reach over 100,000 subscribers in a year. The deployment will start in April and will be completed over the next few months.
Once deployed, AirFiber Networks’ subscribers will be able to access network for remote working, and other services over broadband connection such as remote education and healthcare.
Nokia’s GPON solution includes both network and customer premise equipment. Nokia will also provide Network Management Services to ensure timely and efficient execution of the project. Nokia’s fiber access network will help Airfiber Networks establish a strong foundation to easily upgrade to next-generation PON technologies, which allow service providers to rapidly boost capacity and provide superior speeds.
Sasidev MG, Director, AirFiber Networks, said: “Robust and fast broadband has become our lifeline as learning and businesses have moved online. We are committed to providing resilient and world-class broadband services to our subscribers. Nokia is a global technology leader, and we are confident that its solution and expertise will help us address the growing and evolving needs of our subscribers.”
Vinish Bawa, Head of Emerging Business, Nokia India, said: “We are excited to work with AirFiber Networks in helping them set up a best-in-class fiber network to provide the latest and innovative services to their subscribers. Our industry-leading GPON solution will allow AirFiber Networks to launch new premium and innovative services and enhance its services’ overall quality, thereby helping them attract new subscribers.”
- Nokia GPON solution for fiber to the home allows internet service providers to increase earnings by being able to offer faster and higher capacity services to their subscribers and extend services to enterprise customers.
- AirFiber Networks will deploy fiber access nodes (Optical Line Terminations) and fiber modems (Optical Network Terminations – ONTs).
- For the customer premises, AirFiber Networks will use Nokia’s small form factor ISAM FX and ISAM DF fiber access nodes optimized for delivery of high capacity services in low-density areas.
- Nokia’s fibre nodes can boost speeds from Gigabit to 10Gigabit and are ready for 25G.
- The G-2425G-A Optical Network Terminations (ONTs) used by AirFiber Networks can be managed by the Nokia WiFi Cloud Controller, which not only optimizes Wi-Fi performance but equally allows CSPs to reduce operational expenses.
Web page: Nokia Fiber (FTTH), Accelerate into Gigabit fiber
Blog: Multi-PON enables NG-PON migration your way
Web page: Nokia Optical Network Terminations
Web page: Nokia Broadband Network Gateway
Web page: Nokia 25G PON – Beyond next-generation PON
We create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
For our latest updates, please visit us online www.nokia.com and follow us on Twitter @nokia and @NokiaIndia.
Phone: +358 (0) 10 448 4900
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date