What you need to know:
- Verizon Business is expanding its managed SD-WAN portfolio by adding three new Cisco-based offers.
- These new offerings provide Verizon Business enterprise customers more options for building a flexible and agile networking infrastructure.
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Business announced the expansion of its long-standing strategic partnership with Cisco, with the addition of three new SD-WAN managed services offerings. This expansion provides enterprise businesses with an extensive global footprint, access to new solutions and capabilities, as well as an innovative management and policy administration model to support the desired business outcomes.
“Global enterprises are taking a hard look at their digital transformation agendas to find ways to win coming off one of the more challenging years in recent history,” said Aamir Hussain, Senior Vice President of Business Products at Verizon Business. “Working with Cisco, we continue to provide innovative solutions that can give customers the choice and tools they need to enhance efficiencies and grow. These new services reflect the significant ongoing joint Cisco and Verizon research and development investments which aim to help customers accelerate change.”
The Verizon and Cisco solution expansion includes:
- Co-managed Cisco SD-WAN powered by Viptela that provides customers the option to control and self-manage SD-WAN security and application policies, while relying on the robust Verizon managed service support for fault, performance, and configuration management. This co-managed capability is now available to Verizon customers and provides them with the flexibility to relieve their IT team of the deployment and day-to-day running of the network yet have the ability to make changes themselves to SD-WAN policies and configurations when necessary.
- Managed SD-WAN powered by Viptela for the Cisco ISR1100 Series platform that is ideal for smaller branch office deployments, providing customers highly secure SD-WAN services on a high-performance, low-cost branch appliance.
- The introduction of new managed service tiers for Cisco SD-WAN powered by Meraki, which complements Verizon’s complete Cisco Meraki cloud-first platform managed services to deliver seamless, secure connectivity, as well as global deployment support including mainland China. Verizon has also added a new capability for management of the Cisco Meraki MV smart cameras to help enable faster deployment, management, and troubleshooting from a single pane of glass.
“Our strategic relationship with Verizon continues to create value for businesses supporting a growing distributed mobile workforce and the accelerated adoption of cloud services,” said Scott Harrell, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Cisco’s Intent-Based Networking Group. “As businesses modernize their networks to enable the best user application experiences, Verizon’s new Cisco SD-WAN managed services can help them quickly and easily transition to SD-WAN with flexible options to help deliver business agility and secure connectivity to applications across multiple clouds.”
Verizon was positioned as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Managed SD-WAN 2020 Vendor Assessment (doc #US45837420, August 2020) and was recognized as the Global Managed Services Partner of the Year at Cisco’s 2020 Partner Summit which reflects Verizon’s status as a leading Cisco managed services partner.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) was formed on June 30, 2000 and is celebrating its 20th year as one of the world’s leading providers of technology, communications, information and entertainment products and services. Headquartered in New York City and with a presence around the world, Verizon generated revenues of $131.9 billion in 2019. The company offers data, video and voice services and solutions on its award-winning networks and platforms, delivering on customers’ demand for mobility, reliable network connectivity, security and control.