The transaction includes:
- Fiber assets throughout Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and more than 10 additional cities.
- Mix of both metro fiber and long-haul fiber.
- Dense fiber coverage in the greater Philadelphia and Pittsburgh areas.
- Fiber-based Ethernet and internet services capable of speeds up to 100 Gbps.
- Connection to Everstream’s existing fiber network infrastructure throughout the Midwest.
- The opening of local offices in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
“Everstream’s acquisition of the Uniti network assets in Pennsylvania provides reach into new markets, from which we will continue to densify the network,” said Everstream President and CEO Brett Lindsey. “The network spans the state, and these markets will now experience Everstream’s unrivaled commitment to customer service, and the unique way in which we deliver services.”
The transaction with Uniti is in addition to the company’s $300 million investment to build new fiber infrastructure across the Midwest, announced in January. Since Q3 2019, Everstream has opened five offices, completed two acquisitions and onboarded more than 130 employees.
Everstream’s enterprise-grade network delivers robust business fiber services, including dedicated internet access, dark fiber, Ethernet and data center solutions. The company’s advanced fiber network offers direct peering with all major carriers and cloud hyperscalers. With high-speed, low-latency connections, it provides converged internet, voice and data services at speeds of up to 100 Gbps.
This transaction has been supported and funded by the AMP Capital Global Infrastructure platform, the majority owner of Everstream. Thompson Hine LLP served as legal counsel to Everstream.
To learn more and view Everstream’s network and expansion efforts, visit everstream.net/network-expansion.