Building on a highly successful debut in July, ADA Lead On, the disability rights production company established to honor the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act, has now created another live event to mark the 75th anniversary of National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM).
Please join us as we celebrate disability employment in America by featuring the compelling voices, talents and perspective of leaders, advocates, artists and entertainers from the disability rights movement today.
This ADA Lead On production will highlight issues and concerns prominent in disability employment right now, such as the COVID-19 workforce, mental health, employment in media, authentic representation, accessible technology and more.
Wholly created by professionals with disabilities – in front of and behind the camera/keyboard – the show will be hosted by entertainers Maysoon Zayid and Danny Woodburn. It also will feature the voices and talents of:
- Disability rights advocates, journalists and activists like Haben Girma, Lydia X.Z. Brown, Alice Wong and Keah Brown
- Performers Ryan J. Haddad (The Politician), Jillian Mercado (The L Word: Generation Q), Steven Way (Ramy) and Zach Gottsagen (Peanut Butter Falcon)
- Singers/Musicians Jen Msumba, Tobias Forrest and Gaelynn Lee
- Dancers Auti Angel and Anna Eichen
Representatives from the following organizations also will play a role:
- National Council on Disability, Neil Romano, chairman
- Disability: IN, Jill Houghton, president and CEO
- TransCen/Mid-Atlantic ADA Center, Karen Goss, co-director
- World Institute on Disabilities, Tom Foley, managing director
- AT&T, Corey Anthony, SVP of Diversity & Inclusion
- Ability, AT&T’s 4,400-member Employee Resource Group, Crystal Baker, national president
This ADA Lead On NDEAM show will illuminate the U.S. Department of Labor’s chosen theme, Increasing Access and Opportunity. Like other productions created by ADA Lead On, this NDEAM show focuses on lifting voices that represent multiply marginalized communities. Directed and produced by Tari Hartman Squire, Danny Woodburn and Maysoon Zayid, the event will further extend the success of ADA30 Lead On: Celebration of Disability Arts, Culture, Education & Pride, July 23, 2020, a virtual event that reached 77,675 people with its important message about disability rights.
Do not miss your chance to join this important conversation!
Lead On! #ADALeadOn #NDEAM75 #ATTDiversity #ATTAccessibility