FirstNet® and All Clear Foundation Give the First 5,000 First Responders Who Sign Up Free Access to Mental Health and Wellness Tools
What’s the news? In support of National First Responders Day, FirstNet, Built with AT&T* is sponsoring All Clear Foundation (ACF) to help increase the accessibility of education, resources and support that will aid first responders who may be struggling with health and wellness challenges brought on by the unique stressors of their jobs. Now, a limited number of FirstNet subscribers who act quickly will have free access* to ResponderRel8, ACF’s peer-to-peer chat app that enables First Responders to connect, celebrate and commiserate with peers anonymously. FirstNet primary users can download ResponderRel8 via FirstNet Central here.
Why is this important? First responders are there for us day-in and day-out. They make huge personal sacrifices and bear deep burdens while keeping communities safe. In fact:
- First responders are more likely to die by suicide than in the line of duty.1
- The life expectancy of first responders is almost 20 years less than the average citizen.2
- Police officers ages 55-60 have a 56% chance of dying from a heart attack – 35x more than average.3
- 20-25% of all first responders experience post-traumatic stress.4
These are sobering statistics and a harsh reality we’re trying to change.
Eliminating the risk factors for suicide and making stigma-free education, resources and advocacy available to all first responders is a goal of ACF. In first responder language, “All Clear” means the danger has passed. ACF, a nonpartisan, non-profit supporting first responders, was established to create, fund and amplify programs focused on improving first responder wellbeing so they have the tools to give themselves, and each other, the “All Clear.”
What is FirstNet? FirstNet is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband communications platform dedicated to and purpose-built for America’s first responders and the extended public safety community. It is built with AT&T in public-private partnership with the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet Authority) – an independent agency within the federal government.
As public safety’s network partner, we have a responsibility unlike any other wireless carrier. And our support goes beyond connectivity. The mission of FirstNet is to help public safety by providing communications they can depend on. We want to go beyond that to help protect the lives of those who serve us. FirstNet has developed dedicated resources and initiatives to directly support first responder safety, health and wellness.
What are the benefits to first responders? The ResponderRel8 app is available for iOS and Android in the FirstNet App Catalog, which is geared to first responders and features more than 150 apps relevant to public safety’s mission. This collaboration will help ACF focus efforts on technical developments and improvements to the app to better support the growing ResponderRel8 community.
Through the sponsorship, the ResponderRel8 app will be offered as a one-year, prepaid subscription to the first 5,000 first responders on FirstNet who sign-up for the app.
Where can I find more information? Visit FirstNet.com or go here for more FirstNet news. Learn more about All Clear Foundation here. And, to help make a national day honoring all first responders a reality, go here.
FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
* One Year Free Subscription to ResponderRel8 app. Limited time Offer. Eligibility: Avail. only to current elig. & verified (a) FirstNet subscribers or (b) AT&T employees who are volunteers with qual. public safety entities who serve in law enforcement, fire protection, emergency medical svcs, emergency (9-1-1) call dispatch, emergency management, or National Guard. All eligible subscribers (referred to as Subscriber Paid Users) must have an individual FirstNet acct or have a FirstNet Agency Paid line of service with a FirstNet Service Agreement. The offer terminates after the first 5,000 subscriptions have been given away or on 27 October 2021, whichever is earlier.
After one year, subscription automatically renews monthly and All Clear Foundation will charge 0.99/month unless cancelled.