As Hurricane Sally approaches Gulf Coast, T-Mobile is receiving regular updates from our partners at the National Weather Service and taking all the necessary steps to prepare our network ahead of the storm’s arrival to help minimize any service interruptions that may occur.
If you are in an area that could potentially be impacted, please follow any evacuation orders that may be issued by local authorities and do all you can to stay safe.
We know how staying connected is key in times like these. As a reminder, the majority of T-Mobile and Sprint customers are on plans offering unlimited talk, text and data.
- For T-Mobile, these are customers on Magenta, Essentials, Unlimited Age 55+, T-Mobile One, or Simple Choice plan, while Sprint customers on Sprint’s Unlimited, Unlimited Freedom and certain older plans are also covered.
- Metro by T-Mobile customers also have unlimited talk and text on all plans.
If you are a customer and need assistance or have questions about your account or service, please call 611 or 1-800-937-8997 from your handset and we will be happy to help.
In the meantime, we recommend customers take the following steps to prepare themselves for potential effects of the storm.
- Make a disaster kit! Include things like batteries, snacks, water, first aid kit, flashlight and device chargers.
- Update your family, friends and emergency services contact numbers. Make sure they’re saved and backed up AND written down someplace accessible.
- Subscribe to local authorities’ text alerts and connect with local authorities’ social networks to learn about new developments before, during and after a disaster.
- Keep your mobile devices fully charged! Have charging cables handy and consider investing in a car or portable charging device.
- Download emergency-assistance apps from the Red Cross and FEMA.
- Make sure your phone supports Wireless Emergency Alerts and that you have enabled notifications on your device. Visit t-mobile.com/wea for details on how to set up alerts on T-Mobile and Sprint devices.
- Set up Wi-Fi Calling on your phone. For Apple phones, go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling; for Android phones, go to Settings > More Connection Settings > Wi-Fi Calling.
*During congestion, customers using >50GB/mo. and Essentials customers may notice lower speeds than other customers due to data prioritization. Metro by T-Mobile customers using >35GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds and Metro customers may notice reduced speeds vs. T-Mobile due to prioritization.