Members of ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live’s band, Cleto and the Cletones, along with Guillermo, announced a contest to temporarily replace Cisco hold music
- Cisco phones come with standard Cisco hold music, Opus No. 1, which acquired a cult following over the years.
- To mark the milestone of Cisco selling its 100 millionth phone, we are holding a contest.
- The winning musician or band will win the opportunity to replace the standard hold music with its own original tune for one month.
- Watch Jimmy Kimmel Live’s Guillermo and members of the show’s band announce the contest in this video, or read about the contest here. Jimmy Kimmel Live airs weeknights at 11:35/10:35c on ABC.
SAN JOSE, Calif., September 16, 2020 —If asked what Cisco is famous for, you might say routers. Or switches. Or Webex.
How about hold music?
Cisco’s curiously memorable hold music—which comes standard on every IP phone the company makes—has acquired a cult following over the years. And now, to mark the milestone of selling its 100 millionth IP phone, a contest to replace the beloved Opus No. 1 for one month is now open.
“What better way to celebrate Cisco’s 100 millionth IP phone milestone than by challenging the music community to create new hold music?” asked Hakim Mehmood, Vice President and General Manager of Calling & Devices in Cisco’s Collaboration Technology Group (CTG). “We’re very excited to hear the new tune and award bragging rights to the winning musician or band.”
Key Facts about Cisco phones and Cisco’s hold music:
– Described by one listener as “ambiguous yet chill”, the synth-heavy, 80s-influenced tune Opus No. 1 comes standard on every Cisco phone.
– Cisco is the number one supplier of phones to enterprises. If you’re placed on hold, chances are very good that you’re going to be listening to Cisco’s hold music.
– Over the years, the Cisco hold music has expectedly gotten attention from more technical publications like Network World. But it has also been featured on NBC, in the Atlantic and even on NPR’s This American Life.
– Not sure you know the tune? Fear not—someone (not Cisco) took the time to upload a full hour of it on YouTube. And if that’s not enough for you, someone else (again, not Cisco) uploaded nearly ten hours of it here. (Beware: it’s catchy.)
– Read more about the contest in this blog by Aruna Ravichandran, VP of Marketing, Cisco Collaboration.
Read more about the 100 millionth Cisco phone milestone in this blog by Hakim Mehmood, VP and GM, Cisco Collaboration.
# # #
+1 617 595 8434 firstname.lastname@example.org
+1 408 859 1111 email@example.com
+1 408 527 7452 firstname.lastname@example.org