What you need to know:
- Our network continues to perform well
- There are no significant impacts to our network availability and performance at this time
- Verizon consumer (prepaid and postpaid) and small business customers impacted by the wildfires in California and Colorado will receive unlimited calling, texting and data August 22-28
- The Verizon Response Team is on the ground and mobile assets have been deployed in some of the hardest hit areas to support first responders and relief organizations
We continue to closely monitor the California and Colorado wildfires. Our network is performing well. There are no significant impacts to our network availability and performance at this time.
We know how important it is for customers to stay connected during a crisis. That’s why in addition to having backup batteries, Verizon has permanent generators at the majority of our cell sites (towers) and all of our switch locations (network nerve center), which we’re able to refuel during extended power outages. These backup energy sources help keep our network running when commercial power is lost.
Verizon Response Team
Our Verizon Response Team (VRT) is available 24/7 to provide on-demand, emergency assistance to first responders. We are mobilizing charging stations, WiFi hotspots, devices, special equipment, emergency vehicles and more to support local, state and federal agencies in California and Colorado. First responder customers with wireless priority service should utilize *272 when placing calls.
- 49 deployments, 408 devices loaned to first responder agencies
- 20 portable assets deployed to provide assistance to public safety operations
- Communications support provided to two American Red Cross evacuation shelters
- 14 deployments, 130 devices
- 5 portable assets deployed to support fire incident command units
Find out how the VRT has been keeping fire crews connected – August 24 UpToSpeed.
Customer and community support
For our consumer and small business customers impacted by the current wildfires in California and Colorado, Verizon is providing unlimited talk, text and data August 22-28. Customers do not have to take any action to take advantage of the offer and can verify eligibility for call/text/data relief by entering their zip code here: https://www.verizon.com/featured/relief/.
Verizon retail stores may be closed or have reduced hours due to the wildfires or power outages. You can find the nearest one that’s open and schedule an appointment by visiting: https://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/.