Westford, MA – Ribbon Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: RBBN), a global provider of real time communications software and network solutions to service providers, enterprises, and critical infrastructure sectors, today announced that renowned research firm GlobalData has ranked Ribbon the only leader in the network slicing and programmability category of its 5G Transport Competitive Landscape Assessment report. Ribbon was also ranked as a leader in timing & synchronization and power & physical characteristics and rated very strong in 5G Xhaul support and capacity & scale.
“Networks require a new breed of transport technology to enable and deliver on the potential of 5G,” said Emir Halilovic, Principal Analyst, GlobalData. “Network slicing is a critical component of these new networks, particularly for services requiring strict Service Level Agreements and robust isolation, and Ribbon’s capabilities in network slicing and programmability were the most advanced of those we reviewed.”
The report praised Ribbon’s comprehensive 5G-native solutions, highlighting the following strengths:
- FlexEthernet, segment routing and optical transport networking
- Multilayer optimized packet and optical transport for 5G
- Comprehensive timing with Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) and packet-based timing technology 1588v2, Class C and designed for Class D support in most platforms
- Network slicing domain orchestrator and holistic security with encryption, service isolation and secured platforms
“Widespread adoption of 5G networks will be transformative for both individuals and industries, improving existing services and enabling the introduction of exciting new ones,” said Bruce McClelland, CEO, Ribbon. “A 5G-native solution with a comprehensive set of slicing capabilities is critical to unleashing the power of these advanced private and public networks.”
Ribbon’s advanced packet Optical Networking portfolio includes a number of state-of-the art solutions:
- The Neptune product portfolio, with its unique Elastic IP/MPLS capabilities, is able to cost-efficiently support diverse service needs on a right-sized platform which can be grown with in-service expansion units. Embedded NFVi capabilities and inherent evolution to Software Defined Networking (SDN) enable a more dynamic service delivery and future-proof the solutions for tomorrow.
- The Apollo suite of optical transport and switching platforms interwork seamlessly to provide scalable, high-density and energy-efficient solutions from access to core. Apollo enables service providers to deploy optical networks that continue lowering the cost per bit, while simultaneously providing packet services, high efficiency end-to-end operations, and SDN applications. Additionally, Apollo supports operators’ shift to 1.2 Tb/s speeds in order to meet the demand for increased capacity.
- The Muse™ software suite provides intuitive operations and automation with SDN, advanced multilayer optimization, network telemetry and full lifecycle management to operate and maintain the Packet and Optical transport network, and the slices configured across it, simply and efficiently.
Ribbon Communications (NASDAQ: RBBN), which recently merged with ECI Telecom Group, delivers global communications software and network solutions to service providers, enterprises and critical infrastructure sectors. We engage deeply with our customers, helping them modernize their networks for improved competitive positioning and business outcomes in today’s smart, always-on and data-hungry world. Our innovative, end-to-end solutions portfolio delivers unparalleled scale, performance, and agility, including core to edge IP solutions, UCaaS/ CPaaS cloud offers, leading-edge software security and analytics tools, as well as packet and optical networking leveraging ECI’s Elastic Network technology. To learn more about Ribbon visit rbbn.com. For more information about our Elastic Network technology packet-optical portfolio visit ecitele.com.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties, including statement regarding delivering value to customers that use the Apollo 9940x. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. The actual results of Ribbon Communications may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Ribbon Communications’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Ribbon Communications’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Ribbon Communications’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Ribbon Communications’ views as of any subsequent date. While Ribbon Communications may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Ribbon Communications specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.