New American Tower Edge Data Center in Atlanta, directly connected to Colo Atl at 55 Marietta downtown, maximizes flexibility and efficiency for customer deployments
ATLANTA, July 21, 2020 – Colo Atl, a subsidiary of American Tower announces today that its new Edge Data Center – Atlanta, located in the Ben Hill, GA area, approximately 10 miles southwest of downtown Atlanta, is now fully available to existing and future Colo Atl tenants as an additional interconnection and colocation facility. This latest endeavor is designed to give customers an alternative location to the centralized metro data centers and is strategically located on the network edge. The purpose-built 360-square-foot, 100 KW facility provides eight (8) customer cabinets, comprised of twenty (20) quarter-cabinet lockers and three (3) full cabinets. The connectivity enabled, multitenant, neutral-host edge data center maximizes flexibility and is directly connected via dark fiber to Colo Atl.
“We are very excited to inform our Colo Atl tenants and community about this brand new edge data center asset, made available to all of our customers and ecosystem partners as an additional option for interconnection and colocation,” comments John Ghirardelli, General Manager for Colo Atl and Director, US Innovation for American Tower. “American Tower’s new edge data center, strategically located in close proximity to our Colo Atl facility, enables us to extend the Colo Atl ecosystem with a reliable solution promoting increased flexibility for existing and future customers.”
American Tower’s new edge data centers are being introduced to the market as demands for high bandwidth, low latency applications like cloud computing, artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data, Machine Learning, cybersecurity and AR/VR continue to increase and drive the future of the digital infrastructure landscape.
“Now is the optimal time to invest and pave the way for enabling the next generation network and computing architectures,” adds Whitney Pesot, Product Manager, U.S. Innovation for American Tower. “American Tower is committed to innovation and supporting the needs of our customers now and in the future.”
American Tower Edge Data Centers offer benefits such as:
- Turnkey Infrastructure: Critical power (primary and backup) distribution, fire monitoring, security, and cooling in an all-in-one edge solution
- Strategic Location: Utilizing the ground space of our existing towers, where connectivity already occurs, we create an improved network architecture closer to key operators
- Reliability: Exceptional performance and reliability with guaranteed network service levels and 24/7/365 network operations center (NOC)
- Security: Secure location with full DCIM capability and access control including 24/7/365 site monitoring
- Dependability: Work with a single, trusted and established company for both tower and edge data colocation to simplify network deployment
For a tour or to discuss the Colo Atl facility and/or edge data center location, visit https://coloatl.com/atc/ or contact Sam Reagin, Business Development Leader for Colo Atl at email@example.com or (678) 521-3898.