Eletronet recently deployed intelligent automation software from Blue Planet, a division of Ciena (NASDAQ:CIEN, news, filings), to help manage its Internet Protocol (IP) network more efficiently. With Blue Planet’s Route Optimization and Analysis (ROA) software’s unique ability to combine routing, traffic and performance analytics, Eletronet can now identify and diagnose potential network issues faster, ensuring more reliable delivery of long-distance, high-speed IP transit and data transport services to internet service provider (ISPs) in Brazil.
- Eletronet is one of the largest IP transit providers in Brazil, currently serving more than 670 ASNs (Autonomous System Number) mainly comprised of ISPs, which places Eletronet in the 64th position of CAIDA’s global ranking of Autonomous Systems. This significant number of customers, routes and adjacencies (IPv4 and IPv6) brings a great complexity to the management of the IP network.
- Blue Planet ROA gives Eletronet real-time visibility of its IP/MPLS network, which allows the company to anticipate and avoid routing problems. Eletronet can also simulate failure and traffic growth scenarios. The solution also allows Eletronet to guarantee connectivity to its customers on a network of more than 16,000 kilometers of optical fiber in optical ground wire cables and 164 points of presence.
- In addition, Eletronet is able to reduce additional network management overhead and operational costs because the solution is vendor-agnostic, meaning it can work with existing third-party routers.
- “Blue Planet provides a seamless and comprehensive software solution that allows us to anticipate red flags in our network ahead of time, which has increased our network failure response rate by 95 percent. Investing in this new solution enabled us to rapidly respond to network issues while still delivering high quality IP services to our customers.”
– Anderson Jacopetti, Chief Technology Officer, Eletronet
- “This deployment of our Blue Planet ROA software lays the foundation for Eletronet to kick-start its evolution to a network that is more adaptive. As most of its network operations have been manually controlled, introducing our software solution enabled Eletronet to manage its network more proactively, monitor activity more accurately and troubleshoot issues faster.”
– Fernando Capella, Country Manager of Brazil, Ciena
Eletronet has a national OPGW-based fiber optic network with more than 16 thousand km, 164 POPs in 18 States of Brazil, integrated to the transmission networks of electric energy. Through this structure of high capacity and availability, telecommunication services with high levels of quality are provided. Eletronet offers high-speed, long-distance telecommunications services to telecommunications operators and internet service providers (ISP). Eletronet is changing the game of the Brazilian Telecommunications Market! https://en.eletronet.com/.
About Blue Planet
Blue Planet, a division of Ciena (NYSE: CIEN), provides market-leading intelligent automation software and specialized professional services to help clients modernize their IT and network operations. Driven by policy and AI-based insights, Blue Planet delivers the closed-loop automation tools needed to align IT and networking processes—critical to facilitating digital transformation. For updates on Blue Planet, visit www.blueplanet.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “should,” “will,” and “would” or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.