February 28, 2019, Lexington, MA – iBASIS, the leading communications solutions provider enabling operators and digital players worldwide, announces today its new management team, resulting from its February 8 acquisition by TOFANE GLOBAL.
The new executive lineup reflects the integration of the iBASIS leadership team with the management team of Altice Europe N.V. international voice carrier business in France (SFR), Portugal (MEO ex Portugal Telecom), and the Dominican Republic (Altice Dominicana), also acquired by TOFANE in September 2018.
Key highlights include:
- Alexandre Pébereau, Group CEO of TOFANE, will lead the relaunch of iBASIS. Feddo Hazewindus, iBASIS’ CEO since 2016, will facilitate the post-acquisition transition upon which he will pursue new opportunities.
- Edwin van Ierland is appointed Chief Commercial Officer. Formerly SVP Global Sales Mobile Solutions, Voice & Retail, Van Ierland will lead the integrated Voice & Mobile sales organization across iBASIS and TOFANE entities acquired from Altice.
- Within Van Ierland’s team, Franck Ravier continues leading the TOFANE global Voice business. Mark Phimister remains responsible for the EMEA business, both Voice and Mobile. Ravier and Phimister will work hand in hand through the integration. Patrick Meijer leads the Americas, with Cristhian Fuentes in Dominicana, and Asia-Pacific in the interim. Gilbert Relou will manage Mobile Business and Dhaval “DJ” Jhaveri will continue managing Retail business.
- Patrick George will lead Product and Business Development for voice, mobility, outsourcing, VAS solutions and new products.
- Nicolas Barret, former Head of Altice International Carrier, will lead Integration and Partnerships, teaming up with Manuela Simoes. Leading Transformation projects across functions, Katherine Doe will also retain business operations responsibilities.
- Ajay Joseph remains Chief Technology Officer and lead for IoT connectivity solutions.
“We have an executive team and global commercial organization led by first-class industry leaders, markets and solutions experts. All are aligned and ready to address our immediate objectives and long-term ambitions,” says Alexandre Pébereau, Group CEO.
“We have never been better positioned to leverage our common strengths and deliver on the requirements of our 1,000+ customers worldwide,” adds Edwin van Ierland, iBASIS’ CCO. “All are focused on our top priority: enabling our customers to be first in their respective markets, first across the globe, and first to achieve transformation.”
Additionally, Ardjan Konijnenberg remains Chief Financial Officer, Ellen Schmidt, General Counsel, Mark Saponar, Chief Information Officer, and Brad Guth, Operations. Paul Heilbronner will lead global HR.
Finally, Celine Gregoire, formerly leading the integration of Teleglobe and Marketing for Business Collaboration, Mobility & IoT at Tata Communications, will lead Global Marketing Communications.
iBASIS is the leading communications solutions provider enabling operators and digital players worldwide to perform and transform. Powered by Tofane Global, iBASIS represents an estimated USD 1+ billion in annual revenue, is the third largest wholesale voice operator, ranks Top 3 LTE IPX vendor, serves 1,000+ customers worldwide and brings together 300 employees across 18 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.iBASIS.com.