BOGOTÁ, Colombia, Dec. 19, 2019 – CenturyLink Colombia S.A., a subsidiary of CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL, news, filings), received the ISO 20000-1:2011 service management system compliance certificate for services provided in its data center in Bogotá, Colombia.
The certification covers the managing of telecommunications networks for CenturyLink´s customers in the Network Management Operation Center (NMOC) located in Colombia.
Implementing this international certification standard which mandates strict IT policies, helps CenturyLink achieve greater positioning within the telecommunications market, ensuring that its processes have specific mechanisms to demonstrate that IT services are more reliable to guarantee faster identification of problems, reduce the number of incidents, strengthen the ability to treat them and improve customer satisfaction.
This management system is a great differentiator and generates the credibility of the company demonstrating that the efficiency and scalability of the processes are assured. Likewise, it also allows CenturyLink to improve services and optimize internal management systems, making the operation more efficient and profitable.
“The ISO 20000 is an internationally recognized standard that helps ensure best practices in IT services management,” said Gabriel del Campo, vice president, data center, cloud and security for CenturyLink Latin America. “The certification recognizes CenturyLink’s commitment to providing high-quality services aligned to the business needs of our customers, allowing them to focus on the success of their businesses.”
Examples of ISO 20000-1 requirements implemented:
- Incident Management, which restores the normal operation of the services as soon as possible and minimizing the impacts on the business operation.
- Problem Management, which analyzes the cause of the incidents that have occurred in the IT infrastructure, looking for workaround or definitive solutions, avoiding their recurrence or minimizing the impact.
- Change Management ensures that standardized methods and procedures are adopted in all changes in the IT infrastructure, in order to support the demands of the business without impacting the services.
- CenturyLink operates more than 350 data centers worldwide, including 18 in Latin America, which host both CenturyLink’s and customers’ IT environments.
- CenturyLink’s data centers in Latin America received several certifications, including the Uptime Institute’s Tier III, SAP Hosting, SAP HANA, SAP Cloud and Infrastructure Partner, ISO/IEC 9001, 20000, 27001, 27017 and PCI-DSS, reflecting its commitment to maintain the high level of quality established by international standards for data center management.
- CenturyLink’s data centers host both CenturyLink’s and customers’ environments with a team of specialized technicians managing the environments.
- CenturyLink regularly measures and improves its data center and security services. An important part of the maintenance process includes updating and renewing the certification of its installations, the foundation for its strict information security policies, for traditional and cloud services.
- CenturyLink’s global data center footprint has direct connectivity to its more than 720,000 kilometers (450,000 miles) of fiber network and metro market reach, serving customers around the world.
About the Certification:
- The ISO 20000-1:2011 is a service management system (SMS) standard that specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements.
- Valid for a period of three years, the certification was approved after an extensive audit of data center processes and infrastructure, conducted by TÜV Rheinland, a provider of technical, safety and certification services.
- TÜV Rheinland evaluated various IT service management processes applied to the services and infrastructure of the data center.
- Learn more about CenturyLink’s data centers in Latin America: http://bit.ly/2mItMhX
- Watch the video about CenturyLink data centers in Latin America: http://bit.ly/2mFYPLi
- Watch videos about the most recently opened CenturyLink data centers in the region:
Santiago, Chile: http://bit.ly/2le2csw
Quito, Ecuador: http://bit.ly/2mGUiIq
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: http://bit.ly/2lNLYGy
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers around the world. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at http://news.centurylink.com/