- Fios customers can upgrade their home internet router to take advantage of the latest blazing fast Wi-Fi speeds and coverage.
- New Fios Home Wi-Fi Extender boosts Wi-Fi coverage throughout the home.
What is it and how much does it cost?
Today, Verizon introduced its next-generation Fios Home Router, the country’s first Tri-band Wi-Fi 6 router offered by a carrier, and its new Fios Home Wi-Fi Extender1, giving Fios customers unmatched access to speeds and coverage. The Fios Home Router features Tri-band Wi-Fi 6 technology, the latest Wi-Fi standard that offers, on average, 60% faster speeds and 63% more coverage compared to previous Verizon routers2.
“As more and more people adopt smart home technology and connect more devices, the need for a reliable router that provides more coverage throughout the home has become a necessity,” said Heather McDavitt vice president of Verizon Consumer Products. “Verizon’s new Fios Home Router and companion Fios Home Wi-Fi Extender are the perfect solutions for Fios customers who want to blanket their home with powerful and secure Wi-Fi.”
With the latest Verizon home router and extender, you get the perfect set up for managing all of your Wi-Fi technology, such as 4K video streaming, gaming or large file transfers. Plus, you can easily manage your Wi-Fi using the My Fios app.
- Fios Home Router will cost $15 a month to rent or $299.99 to buy.
- Fios Home Wi-Fi Extender will cost $10 to rent or $199.99 to buy.
Why are they awesome?
- Wi-Fi 6 is the latest and greatest Wi-Fi standard that improves speeds and coverage in your home, so you have a strong reliable connection to your laptop, mobile, and smart home devices.
- 2.4 GHz (4x4), Dual 5 GHz (4x4) Tri-band technology translates to more connectivity options to ensure that your smart (and not so smart) devices have the speed and bandwidth they need.
- Self-Organizing Network technology offers a single network name and automatically identifies and fixes Wi-Fi problems so that your devices connect to the strongest signal available without a manual setting.
- Fios TV One compatibility means better connectivity for your Fios TV One set top box, so you can watch the shows you want in more places throughout your home.
- Fios Home Wi-Fi Extender: Only compatible with the Fios Home Router. The extender helps expand Wi-Fi coverage to hard-to-reach places in your home. It supports three types of connections (dedicated Wi-Fi, coax, and Ethernet) to the Fios Home Router for easy installation.
When will they be available?
Both the Fios Home Router and Fios Home Wi-Fi Extender are available starting November 21. Visit verizon.com/fioshomerouter today for more information about Verizon Fios and to order your router or extender.
1 Sold separately.
2 The Fios Home Router faster speed and increased coverage claims are based on testing in a controlled environment using an 802.11ax compatible device with no other Wi-Fi traffic or interference present.