Ciena® (NASDAQ:CIEN, news, filings) will demonstrate how its Adaptive Network vision can fuel high-performance research and education networks at SC19, taking place November 17-22 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
At the event, Ciena’s 6500 Reconfigurable Line System, Waveserver Ai 400G stackable interconnect platform, and 8180 Coherent Networking Platform will support SCinet, the SC conference’s sophisticated high-performance computing network that provides global connectivity for industry and academic computing teams. Additionally, for the 20th consecutive year, Ciena is lending its industry-leading optical solutions to carry live network traffic and support terabit-scale connectivity and advanced supercomputing applications from the show floor to remote high-performance computers in America, Europe, and Asia.
Ciena will also highlight emerging, exploratory applications developed by its external research program with partner universities:
- University of Amsterdam Secure Network Overlay for Monitoring and Enforcement of Multi-domain Applications (Booth 943): presented by the University of Amsterdam, addressing the challenge in creating and maintaining control of a multi-domain distributed system utilizing an overlay network that facilitates enforcement and tracking of communication.
- Northwestern University International Center for Advanced Internet Research and the StarLight International/National Communications Exchange Facility (Booth 993): These demonstrations include high-performance Data Transfer Nodes (DTNs), programmable networking, including Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and applications using the P4 programming language, and high-capacity WAN streaming for data intensive science.
Ciena Booth (943):
Ciena will showcase a number of innovations that help eliminate network complexity and equip operators to meet capacity demands, including:
- Network Operations in an AI World: showcasing a unified system for extracting, storing, and processing service and performance data in a multi-layer, multi-domain network based on Ciena’s Manage, Control and Plan domain controller, and Blue Planet Analytics.
- Real-time Adaptive Network™ Functionality of FPGA-based NIC’s in Data Transfer Nodes: (DTNs) investigating new methods to characterize metadata to help characterize the service path and optimize big data transfers under wildly variable network conditions.
- Automating the Virtualized Network Edge: offering network automation and performance monitoring of virtual network functions at the network edge to meet both user and researcher demands for low latency, extremely high bandwidth applications.
As a key and long-time supporter of SCiet, Ciena will be recognized as a SCinet Diamond Contributor, acknowledging the efforts of Ciena experts at SC19, including:
- Marc Lyonnais, Ciena Director of Research Networks, serving as SCinet Vice Chair
- Scott Kohlert, Ciena Systems Engineer, serving as SCinet WAN co-chair
- Rod Wilson, Ciena Chief Technologist of Research Networks, serving as one of SCinet Technical Director
- Cassie Dymecki, Ciena Systems Engineer, WINS candidate awardee
Ciena received the SCinet 2019 Diamond Contributor recognition as a testament to the company’s long-standing instrumental support and resources provided for the SC Conference’s network buildout. Ciena’s solutions have supported the trailblazing demos at this event for a number of years, helping to pioneer new technological and educational advancements in the R&E community.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create the Adaptive NetworkTM in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “should,” “will,” and “would” or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.