BOGOTÁ, Colombia, Nov. 13, 2019 – CenturyLink Colombia S.A., a subsidiary of the global communications and IT provider CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE:CTL, news, filings), received Tier III Certification of Constructed Facility from Uptime Institute for its data center in Bogotá, Colombia. This certification ensures the facility has been constructed as designed and verifies that it can meet the defined availability requirements.
“Receiving Tier III certification from the Uptime Institute confirms that CenturyLink has put the greatest effort into implementing international norms and standards so IT services – a key resource for organizations – is always operational,” said Felipe Gomez Jaramillo, director of data center, security and cloud for CenturyLink in Colombia. “This recognition means the data centers were designed and built to maintain high availability of IT services, even during the execution of planned maintenance or replacement of any distribution component or white area capacity. We have the required coverage, service and the necessary customer care model that guarantees the highest quality, availability, security and support in our services”.
This certification is granted to technology companies for their design and construction of a data center. The certification process validates compliance with the availability requirements demanded by the Uptime Institute. This guarantees the highest quality, safety and reliability for telecommunications operators.
CenturyLink facilities achieved the Tier III construction certification, the highest quality seal issued by the Uptime Institute, which certifies best practices in data center operations worldwide. The company is integrating IT infrastructure needs with the management of value-added services and technological optimization.
- The Tier III Certification of Constructed Facility recognition indicates the data center’s operation meets the demands determined by the global parameter system and the requirements of the Uptime Institute for simultaneous maintenance.
- Data center operators have the ability to isolate components and perform planned maintenance without suspending the data center’s operations or affecting IT operations.
- CenturyLink regularly measures and improves its data center and security services. An important part of the maintenance process includes updating and renewing the certification of its installations, the foundation for its strict information security policies, for traditional and cloud services.
- Besides the Uptime Institute’s Tier III, CenturyLink’s data centers in Latin America received several other certifications such as the SAP Hosting, SAP HANA, SAP Cloud and Infrastructure Partner certifications, ISO/IEC 9001, 20000, 27001, 27017 and PCI-DSS, reflecting its commitment to maintain the high level of quality established by international standards and norms for data center management.
- The CenturyLink Colombia data center is managed by an on-site team of experienced technical specialists and the facility meets the latest specifications for earthquake preparedness, as well as industry guidelines for design of energy and environmental conditioning from Uptime Institute for a Tier III data center.
- CenturyLink’s global data center footprint has direct connectivity to its more than 450,000 global route-miles of fiber and metro market reach, serving customers around the world.
- CenturyLink operates more than 350 data centers worldwide, including 18 in Latin America, which host both CenturyLink’s and customers’ IT environments.
About the Uptime Institute and Tier III Certification
The Uptime Institute is an independent international consulting organization, recognized as a reference for market practices on data center critical infrastructure.
In general, a Tier III certification is based on a review of the design documents, and takes into consideration the planned construction and operation of the data center, air conditioning and power infrastructures, in addition to operational procedures and the ability to identify and isolate issues. It demonstrates that the data center is designed to allow maintenance of specific areas without impacting other parts of the infrastructure.
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a technology leader delivering hybrid networking, cloud connectivity, and security solutions to customers around the world. Through its extensive global fiber network, CenturyLink provides secure and reliable services to meet the growing digital demands of businesses and consumers. CenturyLink strives to be the trusted connection to the networked world and is focused on delivering technology that enhances the customer experience. Learn more at http://news.centurylink.com/
CenturyLink, Latin America
+55 11 3957-2424
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date