MWC19 Los Angeles starts tomorrow but Sprint is getting the news rolling today. Check out today’s two announcements (and stay tuned for more):
Sprint Adds Two Products to Indoor Small Cell Portfolio for Home and Small Business
Sprint unveiled two new indoor small cell solutions to improve data coverage and speeds in residences and businesses. The devices are a small femtocell, Pebble, for improved indoor voice and data coverage, and a new “Silver” version of the award-winning Sprint Magic Box, designed to improve data coverage and speeds. See both on display at the Sprint booth starting tomorrow. Learn more here: https://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-adds-two-products-to-indoor-small-cell-portfolio-for-home-and-small-business.htm.
Vuzix Announces Smart Glasses Remote Worker Connectivity Bundle on Sprint Curiosity™ IoT
Sprint and Vuzix Corporation today announced the launch of a turnkey Vuzix Smart Glasses Remote Worker Connectivity Bundle. It consists of cellular connectivity bundle on the Sprint Curiosity™ IoT core network, including an Inseego MiFi 8000 hotspot, Vuzix Remote Assist, a see-what-I-see SaaS solution, and one of three Vuzix smart glasses options - Vuzix M300XL, Vuzix Blade or Vuzix M400. The Vuzix Smart Glasses and the Inseego MiFi 8000 hotspot will come pre-kitted and connected to the Sprint Curiosity™ core IoT network, providing a turnkey solution for enterprise customers and their remote workers. Learn more here: https://newsroom.sprint.com/vuzix-announces-smart-glasses-remote-worker-connectivity-bundle-on-sprint-curiosity-iot.htm.
Sprint at MWC Los Angeles 2019
MWC Los Angeles 2019 is one of the newest and fastest growing industry gatherings, and Sprint again will be among the companies exhibiting and sharing exciting news Oct. 22-24 about 5G, network technology and IoT.
Sprint executives will be speaking, including Jan Geldmacher, president-Sprint Business; John Saw, chief technology officer; Ivo Rook, senior vice president-IoT; Ron Marquardt, vice president-Technology Development; and Bryan Fries, vice president-5G Strategy.
- On Tuesday, Oct. 22, Marquardt kicks things off at 7:30 a.m. PT on a FierceWireless breakfast panel covering “The Road to 5G: Exploring the Business Models.” At the same time, Fries will keynote at Light Reading’s “5G Network & Service Strategies” breakfast workshop. Later that afternoon (3:45 p.m. PT) Rook will share his expertise on the “The Promise of IoT Connectivity” panel.
- Wednesday morning, Oct. 23, finds Geldmacher speaking during the morning’s keynote session from 9-10:35 a.m. PT where he’ll address 5G, the AI business model, and unlocking business opportunities for Sprint within the SoftBank ecosystem. His keynote can be seen via live stream atmobileworldlive.com. At 10:45 a.m. PT, Saw will do a fireside chat as part of the “CTOs Talk 5G” keynote. At 4 p.m. PT Fries is scheduled to participate in the panel “5G: A Gaming Changer” – a discussion about disruptive innovation.
Visit Sprint at MWC19 Los Angeles
Entering LACC South Hall (Stand 1702), find exciting demos showcasing Sprint’s True Mobile 5G coverage in parts of nine metropolitan areas and available 5G devices, Curiosity IoT, Massive MIMO, and small cell technology, robotics and more.
- Sprint and Nokia will demonstrate a throughput rate of more than 2 Gbps using split-mode Massive MIMO technology, along with a fun VR soccer demo focused on latency.
- Learn more about Sprint’s True Mobile 5G footprint across parts of nine U.S. cities.
- Check out Standalone NR running on 2.5 GHz streaming video to a Qualcomm MTP at the Ericsson booth (S.1724).
- An interactive Augmented Reality experience lets visitors explore the multitude of scenarios in ways the Sprint network and Curiosity IoT and other Sprint products can help people, businesses and organizations.
- Visitors are invited to “Pique Your Curiosity” as they learn about ways that Sprint Curiosity IoT and Ericsson are applying our networks and technology to drive meaningful outcomes today, actively shaping the world of tomorrow – fueled by 5G, IoT, and artificial intelligence. The demos are available at both the Sprint and Ericsson exhibits.
- Interact with a CloudMinds XR-1 robot and learn about future low-latency command and control with Sprint 5G.
- See newly announced small cells Sprint is adding to improve the indoor experience in homes and small businesses: the Pebble femtocell and Sprint Magic Box Silver. Learn more about these new small cells here.
Sprint plans to make several additional announcements during the event, so bookmark this page and check back for updates throughout the week and follow us on Twitter @SprintNews.