New enterprise-grade network provides speed, scale and expert support through high-capacity fiber connectivity to area’s growing businesses
MILWAUKEE – October 29, 2019 – Everstream, the business-only fiber network, has announced its expansion into the greater Milwaukee area with the construction of two fiber rings that encircle the western suburbs and touch the western part of downtown Milwaukee. The first 172 network miles will be lit in November. By the end of 2020, the network will encompass more than 560 miles, creating a dense metro network covering the greater Milwaukee area. The Milwaukee expansion deepens Everstream’s overall Midwest footprint.
“Milwaukee was recently named one of the Top 50 Places to Start a Business by Inc. magazine and will soon host one of the largest gatherings held every four years — the Democratic National Convention,” said Everstream President and CEO Brett Lindsey. “These growing businesses and large-scale events need greater access to high-capacity fiber connectivity to be successful, and Everstream’s network was built from the ground up for businesses requiring reliability, speed and scale. Milwaukee companies are already excited to have access to another option for connectivity. This will provide these organizations, as they scale, with direct access to our more than 10,000 route miles of fiber and connections to dozens of data centers throughout the Midwest.”
The expansion into Milwaukee includes:
- Two high-capacity fiber rings encompassing 172 route miles that encircle the western suburbs and touch the western portion of downtown Milwaukee.
- Connectivity to a state-of-the-art data center in Milwaukee, with access to another 36 data centers — and growing — across the Midwest.
- Direct connection to Everstream’s other markets throughout the Midwest.
- A local office in downtown Milwaukee that will grow to more than 20 new team members, including a sales team led by Regional Vice President of Sales Jeff Zator and Regional Sales Director Travis Nelson, and dedicated field engineers led by Regional Vice President of Operations Bill Fenton and Director of Field Services Joel Bojarski, to support area customers.
- Plans to build a dense metro network in downtown Milwaukee that will grow the overall network to more than 560 miles, and invest $27 million throughout the Milwaukee area.
Everstream is dedicated to building an enterprise-grade fiber network to support Milwaukee and its businesses as they scale and grow in the coming years. Its network buildout includes the construction of new small cell sites to provide high-bandwidth connectivity to the city and businesses. This will also deliver the increased bandwidth and data required to support the upcoming DNC.
Everstream’s enterprise-grade network delivers robust business fiber services, including dedicated internet access, dark fiber, Ethernet and data center solutions. Everstream’s advanced fiber network features a full ring architecture in the core network, offering direct peering with all major carriers and cloud hyperscalers. With high-speed, low-latency connections, it can accommodate converged internet, voice and data services at speeds of up to 100 Gbps.
The Milwaukee expansion is part of Everstream’s ongoing footprint growth throughout select markets in the Midwest. The company is on track to grow to more than 15,000 route miles of fiber with more than 3,000 on-net locations in 12 markets throughout the Midwest by the end of 2020. As Everstream’s network grows, its customers benefit from more diverse network options and direct connection to data centers and locations in the expanded region.
To learn more and view Everstream’s network and expansion efforts, visit everstream.net/network-expansion.
Everstream has raised the bar for business connectivity, delivering a business-only fiber network with the speed, reliability, scale and performance that today’s enterprises demand. With more than 10,000 route miles of fiber and speeds up to 100 Gbps, Everstream’s enterprise-grade network delivers robust business fiber services, including dedicated internet access, dark fiber, Ethernet and data center solutions. Through its “Do What You Say You Will Do” approach, Everstream is a valued partner dedicated to the success of business customers. For more information, visit everstream.net.
# # #
Calysto Communications™ Contact:
O: 404-266-2060, ext. 14.