- Telefonica is using Cisco’s Crosswork Network Automation suite to automate its network with more orchestration capabilities, cloud-based SaaS apps for routing intelligence, and enhanced security to prevent and respond to incidents
- The Cisco cloud-powered automation solution is critical in preparing the network for future 5G capacity demands and service agility to deliver always-on connectivity to Telefonica customers
- Beginning with Spain, the companies are working together to automate Telefonica network operations throughout its footprint in Europe and Latin America
LOS ANGELES, Calif., Mobile World Congress Americas, October 21, 2019 – Cisco is working with Telefonica to implement network automation to simplify the service provider’s operations in Spain in preparation for the 5G era.
With this newly automated network, powered by Cisco’s Crosswork Network Automation suite, Telefonica will have improved operational insight and network health through:
- Machine-learning (ML), intent-based and closed-loop solutions to reduce time to repair and overall labor hours
- Automated network orchestration to speed service innovation and time to revenue
- Real-time network optimization to improve customer experiences
- End-to-end infrastructure visibility in a multi-vendor environment
- Enhanced security to help proactively prevent and respond to incidents
The Crosswork Network Automation Suite is built from a family of new and existing Cisco networking products including Network Services Orchestrator (NSO), the popular software that provides support for the entire transformation into intent-based networking.
Telefonica Spain is pioneering this multipurpose automation of the IP network in a three-year planned project, all successes and best practices identified within this project will set the new basis for Telefonica´s automation project world-wide. Cisco Customer Experience is the primary systems integrator for the architecture design and the deployment of the new automation software.
“This is the beginning of a strong and meaningful partnership, as operational excellence will be vital to achieve success in the future,” said Joaquin Mata, CTO, Telefonica Spain. “We opted for Cisco because of the outcome driven approach in automation that will have immediate and long-term benefits to transform our infrastructure and deliver the best in class customer experience.”
“As Telefónica’s preferred vendor and strategic partner, we can help them realize their vision for a 5G-ready network that can proactively handle upcoming demands,” said Jonathan Davidson, senior vice president and general manager, Service Provider Business, Cisco. “The network intelligence and refined analytics will improve operational decision making and reduce time-to-outcomes as we advance this automation technology throughout the Telefonica footprint.”
- About Telefónica
- Cisco Crosswork Network Automation
- For more information about Cisco service provider news and activities, visit the SP360 blog or follow us on Twitter @CiscoSP360
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco’s SP360 feed
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.