PYXYA’s over-the-top approach aims to disrupt established network delivery models for enterprise connectivity with the aid of Contrail® SD-WAN
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Sept. 23, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), a leader in secure, AI-driven networks, has partnered with French managed service provider PYXYA to provide the Contrail SD-WAN solution to meet growing enterprise demand for secure branch connectivity.
PYXYA, based in Lyon, France, is a disruptor to the traditional managed services model, one that provides an over-the-top (OTT) secure SD-WAN service using Contrail SD-WAN on existing network infrastructures.
Juniper’s automation, multi-tenancy and role-based access control helped win the business over multiple vendors. It also aligned with PYXYA’s business model to support different tiers of providers with a full range of services.
PYXYA’s goal is to be a service provider for enterprise customers as well as system integrators and managed service providers who act as resellers for its solution. It is also well-positioned to support government entities as it can provide local support with on-premises and cloud solutions – a common factor in providing secure hosting for highly sensitive public information and gaining public sector certification.
- PYXYA’s services are powered by Contrail SD-WAN, which includes Contrail Service Orchestration, the NFX150 Networks Services Platform (using integrated LTE to provide customers with mobile connection options) and the SRX300 Series Services Gateways.
- Contrail SD-WAN uses Contrail Service Orchestration to design, secure, automate and run the entire service life cycle across NFX Series Network Services Platforms, MX Series 5G Universal Routing Platforms and SRX Series Services Gateways, along with cloud endpoints protected by the vSRX Virtual Firewall.
As part of the partnership, PYXYA aims to leverage the broader capabilities of Contrail SD-WAN to move from SD-WAN to SD-Branch services in the future. PYXYA’s portal now allows control of the WAN infrastructure, as well as the universalization software of the universal PyBox. Its solution is evolving to integrate the management of local network infrastructures and Wi-Fi. The company intends to then migrate its solution to manage all the IT infrastructure of the site through the SD-Branch.
Contrail SD-WAN will enable PYXYA to meet its existing and longer-term business objectives by providing customers with fully integrated, enhanced security offerings, managed LAN and integrated Wi-Fi, through Mist Systems, a Juniper Networks company. PYXYA will also use Mist’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) knowledge to enhance the overall client service delivery.
- Contrail SD-WAN provides more than just SD-WAN, supporting PYXYA’s goals to deliver SD-Branch, including managed LAN, Wi-Fi and security.
- Juniper’s open API automates PYXYA’s SD-WAN solution.
- The NFX Series Universal CPE enables PYXYA to customize solutions for its end customers, providing far greater flexibility than other solutions. The NFX Series uCPE provides PYXYA with the option to deliver edge computing solutions, as well.
- Artificial Intelligence capabilities are intended to differentiate the range of services available in the future, to include capabilities such as automatic Business application visibility and weak signal analysis for predictive maintenance.
- With over 23,000 customers and over a million SRX units shipped, the Juniper SRX300 Series and NFX Series Network Services Platforms provide the industry’s most comprehensive SD-WAN ready CPE portfolio with integrated security.
- Contrail SD-WAN is a proven, scalable solution, as evidenced in the test results of the independent laboratory EANTC. In addition to scalability, the report validates the broad portfolio of capabilities provided by Contrail SD-WAN, including its open APIs, which allow for customization of the solution, multi-tenancy, role-based access control, application Quality of Experience, analytics and reporting and much more.
“We are a young, dynamic and disruptive entrant to the cloud supplier market. Our OTT model is a new approach to cloud service delivery and we have found the perfect partner in Juniper Networks. They came to us with a solution that had an open API enabling us to integrate the system into our environment, automate it, and customize it, so that we can differentiate our solution in the market. Our aim is to develop fresh and innovative solutions – such as SD-Branch – offering enhanced security, LAN, Wi-Fi and AI services to clients across multiple sectors. We are confident that Juniper Networks will accompany us every step of the way to our “AI-driven Networks” as a Service solution to quickly evolve the French WAN market.”
- Marc del Fabbro, Chief Executive Officer, PYXYA
“PYXYA is a forward-looking service provider, taking an innovative approach to managed services. They allow customers the flexibility to leverage the infrastructure of their choice to offer over the top services, including SD-WAN and SD-Branch. This is a relatively new trend which we expect will continue to grow in the coming years. Companies like PYXYA provide a new kind of service model aimed at not just enterprise customers, but also systems integrators and other service providers, and I’m delighted they have chosen Juniper as their partner on this journey.”
- Sally Bament, VP of Service Provider Strategy, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the inherent complexity that comes with networking in the multicloud era. We do this with products, solutions and services that transform the way people connect, work and live. We simplify the process of transitioning to a secure and automated multicloud environment to enable secure, AI-driven networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net), or connect with Juniper on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks’ prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company’s failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks’ most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks’ general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.