Enterprise-grade network provides businesses with enhanced reliability, optimal routes and maximum performance
“We’re excited about this expansion in our home state of Ohio because businesses in Columbus now have another option for connectivity. As our high-capacity fiber network is built from the ground up for businesses requiring reliability, speed and scale, we offer high performance and redundancy with room to grow,” said Everstream President and CEO Brett Lindsey. “Additionally, customers with enterprise-level network requirements driven by cloud computing, digital transformation and multiple locations will be able to directly access our more than 10,000 miles of fiber and connections to dozens of data centers throughout our six-state footprint.”
The expansion into Columbus includes:
- An initial 80-mile high-capacity fiber network which circles the city along the I-270 corridor and passes through downtown Columbus via N. High Street.
- Connectivity to three data centers in Columbus, and access to another 36 data centers across the Midwest.
- Direct connection to Everstream’s existing fiber network infrastructure in Northern Ohio, and its other markets in the Midwest.
- A local office in downtown Columbus with 21 new team members, including a sales team and dedicated field engineers, to support area customers.
- Plans to extend the network to more than 580 miles and invest $24 million throughout the Columbus area.
Everstream’s entrepreneurial approach and focus on enterprise-grade solutions make it possible to create unique solutions not offered by other providers and quickly design, build and install on-net and near-net customer locations. Everstream’s technologically advanced fiber network features a full ring architecture in the core network, offering direct peering with all major carriers and cloud hyperscalers. With high-speed, low-latency connections, it can accommodate converged internet, voice and data services at speeds of up to 100 Gbps.
The entry into the Columbus market is part of Everstream’s ongoing footprint expansion throughout select markets in the Midwest. The company is on track to grow to more than 15,000 miles of fiber with more than 3,000 on-net buildings in 12 markets throughout the Midwest by the end of 2020. As Everstream’s network grows, its customers benefit from more diverse network options and direct connection to data centers and locations in the expanded region.
To learn more and view Everstream’s network map in Columbus and other cities, visit everstream.net/network-expansion.
PR Archives: Latest, By Company, By Date