Company will continue to be based in Toronto, led by executives that established Cogeco Peer 1 as a managed hosting and cloud services leader
TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Cogeco Peer 1, a managed hosting and cloud services provider, today announced it has changed its name to Aptum Technologies. The move follows the April 2019, acquisition of Cogeco Peer 1 by Digital Colony, a global investment firm dedicated to strategic opportunities in digital infrastructure.
“Aptum means ‘adaptability’ and reflects our heritage and vision for the future,” said Susan Bowen, Chief Executive Officer of Aptum. “As businesses face exponentially increasing volumes of information, and data becomes an integral part of their infrastructure, technology platforms must adapt and harness the power of data to enable better decision making, risk evaluation and customer engagement. We help organizations unlock the potential of their data by providing a robust infrastructure that enables customers to solve complex challenges and maximize the potential of their businesses.”
Headquartered in Toronto, Aptum will operate with two focused business units — Data Center and Fiber. The Data Center business will concentrate on enabling multi-cloud services for enterprises. The Fiber business will be Canada’s first independent, neutral-host provider of small cell and 5G infrastructure, and enterprise and wholesale fiber connectivity with an extensive metro fiber network across greater Toronto and Montreal.
With a 20-year heritage helping customers maximize technologies to store, manage, move and secure their critical data, Aptum is one of a select group of companies able to offer true hybrid infrastructure solutions with secure data center, cloud, connectivity and managed services across North and Central America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Aptum is led by an experienced executive team that includes:
- Susan Bowen, Chief Executive Officer
- Shenif Visram, Chief Finance Officer
- Sanjay Sachdev, President and Head of Fiber
- Leighton Plumley, Chief Revenue Officer (Data Center Business Unit)
- Cindy Jordan-Ford, EVP Global Strategic Accounts & Alliances
- Jeremy Pease, Chief Operating Officer
- Scott Davis, Interim Chief Infrastructure Officer
- Paul Dyck, Vice President, Human Resources
Concurrent with the rebranding, Aptum has launched two new offerings that expand and enhance its customers’ hybrid cloud options:
- Managed Amazon Web Services (AWS) – reinforcing Aptum’s commitment to multi-cloud this new suite of AWS services complements Aptum’s existing Managed Azure and Managed Private Cloud offerings. Managed AWS services include consultation; architecture/design; solution build and configuration; migration; project management; ongoing service management and optimization; and 24/7 expert support. Managed AWS is available in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K.
- New Cloud Connect Availability – expansion of Cloud Connect, which offers a direct, dedicated and secure connection to cloud services. Cloud Connect is now available for AWS Direct Connect, Google Cloud Platform, ServiceNow, Salesforce, SAP and Oracle in addition to Microsoft ExpressRoute. The Cloud Connect expansion is available in all regions.
“The addition of these new cloud services is a perfect example of how Aptum is continually evolving to meet our customers’ changing needs,” Bowen said. “Every business has unique considerations, constraints and objectives that will be met by different solutions. Helping customers determine the correct platform for their unique requirements and then providing expert implementation is why businesses turn to Aptum.”
“As a rapidly growing AI products company, Element AI needed a true partner that could help us focus on our business growth rather than worrying about our data center infrastructure. For the past two years, Cogeco Peer 1 has consistently delivered,” said Ludwig Gamache, IT Director, Element AI. “Our requirements are different from most companies because of the compute-intensive nature of machine learning and AI algorithms – which generate more heat to dissipate and higher power demands than average customers. Element AI is now 35 times bigger than when we launched in 2016, and Cogeco Peer 1 has been able to adapt to solve our unique challenges. We look forward to continuing to evolve our IT infrastructure with Aptum as we grow."
- Blog post: https://aptum.com/blog/welcome-to-aptum
- More about the executive team: https://aptum.com/company/leadership-team/
- Additional assets: Logo and executive headshots
About Aptum Technologies
Aptum Technologies enables customers to unlock the potential of their data infrastructure to drive tangible business outcomes and maximize the value of their technology investments. Aptum’s Data Center, Cloud, Hosting and Connectivity solutions, underpinned with expert Managed and Professional Services, offer genuine choice and adaptability combined with international reach spanning North America, Latin America and Europe. In Canada, through its Fiber business, Aptum is the first neutral host provider of turnkey small cell connectivity, augmenting an extensive metro network across Toronto and Montreal. Aptum is a portfolio company of Digital Colony, a global investment firm dedicated to strategic opportunities in digital infrastructure. For more information, visit www.aptum.com.
Cindy Watson/Mike Martin