PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES SELECT MITEL FOR HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMMUNICATIONS AND COLLABORATION LINEUP
Ottawa February 20, 2019 (Globe Newswire)
Long-standing partnership marks 36 years and running
• All bases covered with employees and mobile staff able to connect in the ballpark and beyond
• Advanced features rolled into a single app score efficiencies and drive productivity
• Contact center reduces wait times, offers better reporting and improves interaction with fans
One of baseball’s most historic teams, the Philadelphia Phillies, chose Mitel® to power communications and collaboration across its entire organization and mobile workforce, keeping staff connected, productive and delivering an exceptional fan experience.
The Phillies and Mitel share a long-standing relationship now heading into its 36th year. As the organization’s needs evolved over the last three decades, Mitel’s communications technology has enabled the Phillies to move forward smoothly from one technology wave to the next. The Phillies now have a complete solution that lets employees communicate anywhere—from Citizens Bank Park to the Clearwater, Florida, Spring Training facility, to the team’s Dominican baseball academy and beyond.
A single application provides voice, video, messaging, presence and audio conferencing with a consistent experience across devices, including smartphones. New, sleekly-designed business phones also feature Bluetooth integration, wireless contact sync and an intuitive user experience. With no more missed calls, staff can instantly collaborate and make decisions with the speed they need to achieve peak performance. Enhancing interaction with fans, the Phillies’ contact center capabilities support ticket, suite and merchandise sales while helping shave call wait times. The recently upgraded contact center also delivers valuable business insights with real-time reporting and bridges access to stored historical data covering more than 15 years.
Through MLB’s league-wide partnership with Mitel that began at the start of the 2018 Championship Season, a platform for the dugouts, bullpens, video review rooms and press box communications to merge into a common, unified system, featuring enhanced security and call recording capabilities, was successfully installed in all 30 MLB ballparks, including Citizens Bank Park. This new system provides the ability to record and monitor all communications conducted on the phone lines to ensure compliance with all Major League Baseball rules and regulations.
"Mitel, a long-time partner of the Phillies, has taken our communications system to the next level, improving how we connect and interact with customers,” said David Buck, Phillies Executive Vice President. “During the season, the sophisticated and custom communications network at Citizens Bank Park also enhanced call recording capabilities in the dugouts, bullpens, video review rooms and press boxes.”
“The Phillies depend on fast, reliable communications and collaboration on the field and behind the scenes – whether they’re supporting a mobile staff, engaging with customers through their contact center, or delivering an exceptional fan experience in the ballpark,” said Bob Agnes, EVP and President, Mitel Product and Solutions. “As they continue to evolve and digitally transform their organization, Mitel is ready to help execute that game plan.”
• The Phillies’ Mitel communications solution was deployed in partnership CENet Solutions.
• Mitel is the Official Business Technology and Communications partner of Major League Baseball and currently works with more than 30 leading sports franchises, clubs, leagues and stadiums around the world.
• Mitel is the only brand recognized across the Gartner Magic Quadrants for Contact Center, Unified Communications and Unified Communications as a Service.
• Download complimentary copies of the “Team Collaboration & Communications for Dummies” and "Digital Transformation for Dummies” e-books.
• Avoid over-engineering or under-investing in your communications system with these seven-step guides.