HANOVER, Md. — October 15, 2018
Ciena (NASDAQ:CIEN, news, filings) recently named Jamie Jefferies as Vice President and General Manager of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). An established industry veteran, Jamie will leverage his experience in-region as well as internationally to build upon Ciena’s current success in EMEA.
Among Jamie’s notable achievements at Ciena is his significant success while leading the Verizon account. Most recently, Jamie led the Ciena team that supported Verizon’s One Network initiative, a strategic effort to consolidate and operate a single seamless network infrastructure in which Ciena played a key role with its WaveLogic coherent optical and Packet Networking platforms.
- Jamie has more than 30 years of experience in the communications sector and more than 15 years of leadership experience in both the U.S. and European markets, spanning sales, engineering, operations, project management and business development.
- Jamie possesses strong technical competence, sharp business acumen, and keen abilities in building strategic relationships with customers and partners alike.
- Before joining Ciena, Jamie held several global sales and leadership positions at Nortel Networks. He led the Major Account teams in EMEA for Nortel Networks’ MEN division for five years and continue to lead after the Ciena acquisition for another eight years.
- Jamie will be based in Ciena’s London office.
- “We always look to develop talent within the company and we’re delighted that one of our rising stars is taking on our most senior role in EMEA to develop the team and grow our operation. I’m confident Jamie’s innovative thinking, leadership and vision for the region will help drive our continued success.”
– Jason Phipps, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Ciena
- “I am honoured and humbled to be appointed to lead Ciena’s business in EMEA. And, I look forward to building on the company’s success in transforming service provider networks to be more adaptive and able to respond, in real time, to end users ever-changing demands.”
– Jamie Jefferies, Vice President and General Manager, EMEA, Ciena
Ciena currently serves more than 160 customers and operates in more than 13 countries across the EMEA region. The company serves a number of leading operators in the region, including BT, Colt, Etisalat, Jisc, Orange, Tele2 Netherlands, Unitymedia, Virgin Media and Vodafone.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services, and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create more adaptive networks in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most sophisticated networks with automation and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “could,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “should,” “will,” and “would” or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.