- Now operates the consolidated Altice International Voice Carrier business under Tofane Global
- Continues to be exclusive partner for Altice Europe N.V. for international voice termination and becomes its privileged partner for the provision of IPX network and global LTE signaling
- Launches unified offering of value added voice, IPX and mobile data solutions worldwide
PARIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Tofane Global, the provider of unified communications solutions for operators and digital players worldwide, announced today the closing of its acquisition of international voice carrier business of Altice Europe N.V. (“Altice Europe”) in France, Portugal and the Dominican Republic. The three entities, SFR International Carrier Services, MEO International Carrier Services and Altice Dominicana International Carrier Services, carried 14 billion minutes of international voice traffic in 2017.
With leading market positions in Europe, Africa, Middle East and the Caribbean, Tofane now is the 9th largest wholesale voice operator by international minutes. Tofane will be the exclusive partner to Altice Europe in the three countries (France, Portugal and Dominican Republic) for transport and for the termination of their retail international voice traffic, and the privileged partner to terminate in the Altice Europe networks.
The acquisition of the Altice Europe international carrier business is the first step in Tofane’s strategy to launch a leading Tier 1 carrier in international communications. Revenue is estimated at €400 million annually. Tofane earlier this year also announced the acquisition of iBasis, a Royal KPN N.V. subsidiary subject to regulatory approvals. When the iBasis transaction completes, it will be the second milestone in Tofane’s consolidation strategy and would rank the company as the third largest global wholesale voice provider.
- Creates an industry-leading communications solutions provider carrying 14 billion minutes of international voice traffic in 2017
- Remains long-term strategic partner to Altice Europe and will continue to deliver international voice termination and mobile data services
- Through an agency partnership with iBasis, executes on its single-source strategy as a unified communications solutions provider, delivering IPX solutions that include Global Mobile Signaling (“GMS”), LTE Signaling eXchange (“LSX”), GPRS Roaming eXchange (“GRX”), InVision Next Generation business intelligence and a suite of Value Added Services, including Fraud Protection
- Marks the consolidation of all three networks and back office platforms enabling Tofane to deliver optimized wholesale solutions on Day One
- Operates under the Tofane Global brand and integrates three teams of global communications executives in the Tofane leadership, bringing together specialized market and technology expertise
Alexandre Pébereau, CEO of Tofane Global, comments, “Today is the first step in our journey to launch an independent Tier1 carrier in international communications. We are realizing our plan to instantly operate as a unified communications solutions provider with significant economies of scale. We are partnering with operators and digital players globally to enable their performance and drive higher return with premium quality on their communications strategies.”
“We are thrilled to greet these new teams. We will act as one to create long-term value as a single-source enabler of communications services and technologies. With our global footprint, our offering and intimate customer relationships, we are positioned for immediate growth, leveraging greater scale, solutions and resources, both organically and through future strategic acquisitions,” adds Pébereau.
Founded in 2017 by Alexandre Pébereau, former Orange Carriers CEO and founder of the ITW Council, Tofane Global is backed by financial partners, including Ciclad and Trocadero Capital Partners. Banque Lazard, Arthur D. Little, Ernst & Young, and De Pardieu Brocas Maffei served as advisors to Tofane Global.
ABOUT TOFANE GLOBAL
Tofane Global is the provider of unified communications solutions enabling operators and digital players worldwide with their core strategies, performance and transformation. As the result of the completion of Altice Europe N.V. (Euronext: ATCA, ATCB) international carrier business in France, Portugal, Dominican Republic, and with the impending acquisition of iBasis, a subsidiary of Royal KPN NV, Tofane Global will represent a group with €1+ billion in revenues, delivering over 30 billion minutes in 2017, present in 20 countries and serving over 1,000 operators. Tofane Global is addressing the $158+ billion international voice, data and mobile carrier market, by delivering coverage, scale and unified solutions to help customers perform and transform in the digital era. For more information, please visit www.tofaneglobal.com
ABOUT ALTICE N.V.
Altice Europe (ATC & ATCB), listed on Euronext Amsterdam, is a convergent leader in telecoms, content, media, entertainment and advertising. Altice delivers innovative, customer centric products and solutions that connect and unlock the limitless potential of its over 30 million customers over fiber networks and mobile broadband. Altice is also a provider of enterprise digital solutions to millions of business customers. The company innovates with technology, research and development and enables people to live out their passions by providing original content, high-quality and compelling TV shows, and international, national and local news channels. Altice delivers live broadcast premium sports events and enables its customers to enjoy the most well-known media and entertainment. For more information, please visit www.altice.net
Sophie Ann Terrisse, +1 917 806 7698
26FIVE Tech Lab
Quentin Giudicelli, +33 6 15 19 83 08
Footprint > consultants