Juniper’s enhanced platform and services simplify enterprises’ path to a secure and automated multicloud
SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 25, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced the expansion of Contrail Enterprise Multicloud to enable end-to-end policy and control capability for any workload running in physical and virtual environments, any cloud and across multivendor environments.
Most enterprises have to resort to two or more controllers or management systems to manage overlay, underlay and network devices. With Contrail Enterprise Multicloud’s new multidomain orchestration and advanced analytics capabilities, enterprises can now manage and monitor workload policies from a single command center. This means that enterprises leveraging multiple cloud environments—either public, private or both—now have a policy orchestration solution built on a single platform with a single point of control, providing a cohesive multicloud-ready infrastructure.
Contrail Enterprise Multicloud integrates both overlay and underlay management into an open platform. Whether an enterprise is looking for device or fabric management, or overlay policy and control, Contrail Enterprise Multicloud provides a unified approach to enterprise operations that streamlines workflows and improves end-to-end visibility across bare metal servers, virtual machines and containers, along with network devices.
Understanding that any evolution requires the graceful coexistence of both existing and new infrastructure, Juniper has architected Contrail Enterprise Multicloud to support multivendor environments. Based on open interfaces and standard protocols, Contrail Enterprise Multicloud can be inserted into diverse networking environments, allowing enterprises to avoid unnecessary vendor lock-in.
Additionally, for the vast majority of enterprises, the multicloud evolution may play out over multiple steps as enterprises adopt and deploy new technology. Enterprises will need to leverage every opportunity to ensure they are simultaneously meeting existing requirements while also becoming multicloud-ready. To help facilitate this progression, along with the technology advancements in Contrail Enterprise Multicloud, Juniper is delivering a newly unveiled 5-step multicloud migration framework that is intended to provide enterprises with a set of best practices, natural technology insertions and recommended products and services to more easily complete the journey to a secure and automated multicloud.
- Contrail Enterprise Multicloud delivers the only multicloud-ready orchestration and analytics platform for any workload and any cloud across multivendor environments: Juniper’s Contrail Enterprise Multicloud now includes end-to-end policy and control capability, enabling users to have a single tool to orchestrate overlay and fabric management, bare metal servers, virtual machines, containers and networking devices, private and public clouds, and security management. As the types of environments proliferate, Juniper intends to reduce complexity by providing customers with a single tool that operates multivendor environments to better manage dynamic workloads on-premises and in cloud environments. Contrail Enterprise Multicloud also offers real-time infrastructure performance monitoring (IPM) for data center networking devices, in addition to cloud infrastructure and application monitoring, providing visibility and analytics across physical and virtual environments. Through monitoring and intent-based analytics, Contrail Enterprise Multicloud is able to predict, alert and remediate issues in real-time.
- 5-step multicloud migration framework to help enterprises realize a secure and automated multicloud: Juniper’s 5-step multicloud migration framework provides customers a methods-driven approach to create their customized path to multicloud, regardless of where they find themselves in this journey. The framework considers aspects of architecture, products, tools, processes and people. Whether an enterprise’s environment primarily consists of data centers that aren’t yet automated or an enterprise is evolving by creating its own private cloud, the multicloud migration framework provides an approach for coordinating decisions across initiatives. This framework incorporates Juniper’s multicloud-ready solutions, including Contrail Enterprise Multicloud, along with available professional services at each stage of this journey.
- Simple data center solution bundles for new infrastructure designs: Juniper is now offering bundles that combine its QFX Series Switches with Contrail Enterprise Multicloud, as well as professional services for implementation. The solution bundles are intended to provide everything an enterprise needs for the top-to-bottom functions of its data center network to connect, orchestrate, secure and see.
- Automation professional services to simplify data center redesign: To support accelerated deployment with high reliability, Juniper’s professional services have introduced turnkey processes and tooling for network implementation and test automation. Automated Lab Testing offers pre-production test activities and provides customers access to a rich set of automation libraries, containing playbooks and test cases necessary to test before deployment. Automation Deployment enables IT teams to automate the configuration of their network. Juniper’s custom software support service is also available for any software developed during the engagement.
“Operating in a multicloud world requires more than just connectivity – it’s about delivering an infrastructure that is invisible to users. As workloads move to the cloud, enterprises require a single, cohesive architecture with end-to-end orchestration and visibility. But achieving this balance is a complex and prolonged process. By leveraging Contrail Enterprise Multicloud as an end-to-end multicloud enabler, enterprises now have one single platform for overlay and underlay management, heterogeneous compute environments, including bare metal servers, virtual machines, containers and networking devices, private and public clouds, orchestration of networking and security policies, and advanced analytics.”
-Bikash Koley, Chief Technology Officer at Juniper Networks
“As a fast-growing transatlantic airline, Icelandair serves over four million people a year from 44 destinations, offering refreshing Icelandic travel experiences. We rely heavily on our critical data center operations to power our network as we continue to add routes and destinations for our customers. In searching for a dependable partner to help us in our data center expansion and evolution, we had no doubt that Juniper Networks had the breadth of products and solutions that are vital to becoming multicloud-ready.”
-Ármann Guðjónsson, Network Architect at Icelandair
“NEP Group broadcasts some of the most-watched television programs around the world, requiring a network architecture with end-to-end visibility that starts at our data center. As we continue to invest in making our networks flexible and scalable, we needed to find a technology partner that could help us prepare our data center infrastructure to be multicloud-ready. Working with Juniper Networks has given us a smooth and secure path to multicloud, allowing us to deliver faster services and to better serve our customers.”
-Gerbrand de Ridder, Lead Solutions Architect - International Projects at NEP Europe
“Our global clients count on Atos to guide them through successful digital transformations and navigate technical challenges that arise. It’s critical that they have resilient infrastructures that are both secure and multicloud-ready, yet flexible enough to avoid network complexities. By partnering with Juniper Networks, we are able to address these needs head-on, helping enterprise customers capitalize on the potential of the cloud.”
-Wim Los, SVP Technology Transformation Services at Atos
“Enterprises are increasingly deploying workloads that span their own data centers and multiple cloud environments, creating additional complexity and management requirements on the network. In order to have better agility, many of these organizations are looking towards end-to-end management and orchestration to have better control and visibility in their networks. With Contrail Enterprise Multicloud, Juniper Networks is continuing to provide the building blocks companies need to simply manage their evolving networks.”
-Alan Weckel, Founder and Technology Analyst at 650 Group
- Blog: Make Way for Secure and Automated Multicloud for Any Cloud, Any Workload, and Any Deployment by Bikash Koley
- Simplify Your Path to Multicloud
- Juniper Networks Named a Leader in Hardware Platforms for Software-Defined Networking Report
- Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
- Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper from your smartphone. Download the app from iTunes and Google Play store today.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks simplifies the complexities of networking with products, solutions and services in the cloud era to transform the way we connect, work and live. We remove the traditional constraints of networking to enable our customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks that connect the world. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.