APRIL 24, 2018
San Jose, Calif., April 24, 2018 – Cisco announced that it is collaborating with Orange on the modernization and expansion of Orange’s Open Transit Internet (OTI) service. This initiative offers Orange Group the chance to expand its network in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, with reduced operational complexity and increased capacity using the new generation of routers on its OTI service. The resulting increase in network efficiency will improve service for Orange customers and manage the exponential increase in Internet traffic across the network.
OTI is a Tier 1 international Internet connectivity solution offering direct access to the Internet networks in more than 100 countries through more than 50 points of presence (POPs). This wholesale offer targets both Internet service providers and content providers. These customers benefit from a large range of interfaces and throughputs as well as from guaranteed high-service availability.
The Cisco® NCS first-to-market advantage offered Orange the means to execute its plans to prepare for 400G speeds. Cisco NCS offers many other advantages including reduction in the number of chassis to be managed, high port density, high performance forwarding, low jitter and the lowest power consumption in terms of Gigabits/sec.
Cisco NCS 5500 is powered by the Cisco IOS® XR network operating system, offering market-leading software capabilities including:
- Model-driven telemetry: Provides deep insights into the real-time operation of the network, enabling service providers to swiftly remedy any customer-affecting network issues.
- Model-driven programmability and enhanced automation: Offers extreme flexibility and speed to adapt to any operational environment; one-touch integration into Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) lowers the cost of integrating and operating new devices and ultimately reduces time to respond to new customer needs.
- Application hosting: Turns networking devices into a platform on top of which service providers can use their own tools and utilities; offers additional flexibility and facilitates insertion into existing toolchains.
“Our work with Cisco on OTI supports the further evolution of our network, allowing us to cope with huge traffic growth and improving the reach of our network,” said Jean-Luc Vuillemin, senior vice president, Orange International Networks Infrastructures and Services.
“With Cisco NCS, Orange can reap the business benefits of a highly reliable and resilient platform to support its networking goals,” saidSumeet Arora, senior vice president of Engineering, Service Provider Business, Cisco. “Orange is now in a position to deliver higher bandwidth and a range of new functions and services that will give it more agility to innovate and compete.”
Cisco is leading the disruption in the industry with its technology innovations in systems; silicon; software and security; and unrivalled expertise in mass-scale networking, automation, optical, optics, cable access, video, and mobility. Combining these capabilities with Cisco’s portfolio of go-to-market security, collaboration, IoT, and professional services, we enable service providers and media and web companies to reduce cost and complexity, help secure their networks, and grow revenue.
- Cisco NCS
- For more information about Cisco service provider news and activities, visit the SP360 blog or follow us on Twitter @CiscoSP360
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco's SP360 feed
- About Orange wholesalesolutions
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
+1 770 236 2181 firstname.lastname@example.org
+1 408 526 6914 email@example.com
+44 20 8824 4283 firstname.lastname@example.org