NEW YORK, Dec. 04, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DE-CIX, the world’s leading Internet Exchange (IX) Operator, has announced its speaker lineup for the DE-CIX New York Summit on December 5, 2017. The Summit, entitled Journey into an interconnected digital world, will feature industry’s top visionaries and business leaders, fostering dialogue among attendees on the future of interconnection and digitalization challenges and opportunities. Sold out, the New York event wraps the DE-CIX global series spanning summits in Frankfurt, Istanbul and Madrid.
The DE-CIX New York Summit will include the sessions:
- “Big data and its influence on digital businesses” - Dr. Andreas Weigend, Social Data Lab Director & Author. As the former Chief Scientist of Amazon.com, Dr. Weigend studies people – and the data – that is created and shared.
- “Privacy and IT security in Europe – new challenges for US companies” – Oliver Süme, Partner, Fieldfisher
- “Digital Hollywood – Mixed reality for corporate communication, interactive digital content, live events, theme park entertainment experiences and original IP” – Pascal Tonecker, Managing Producer and COO, Pixomondo. As the international creative design and visual effects studio behind HBO’s award-winning television series “Game Of Thrones”, DE-CIX is excited to announce the dragons featured in the hit television series will be present at the New York Summit, through an immersive 3D demo.
- “Addressing industry challenges through interconnection platforms” – James Eibisch, Research Director, EMEA Telecoms and Networking, IDC
- “New solutions for an interconnected digital world” – Ivo A. Ivanov, Chief Strategic & Corporate Development Officer, DE-CIX
The DE-CIX New York Summit is proud to partner with sponsors zColo by Zayo, Epsilon, Infomart, Fieldfisher and Telamon Corporation.
DE-CIX is a worldwide leading Internet Exchange operator. Since starting operations in 1995, the DE-CIX in Frankfurt is the Internet Exchange (IX) with the world’s highest throughput data at peak times, reaching over 5.8 Terabits per second (Tbps). Its technical infrastructure has a total capacity of 48 Terabits. From its locations in Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Dusseldorf, New York, Dallas, Dubai, Marseille, Palermo, Madrid, and Istanbul, DE-CIX provides peering and interconnection services to over 1000 network operators, Internet service providers (ISPs) and content providers from over 60 countries.
For more information about DE-CIX, visit www.decix.net. DE-CIX Frankfurt is operated by DE-CIX Management GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of Europe’s largest Internet association, eco Association of the Internet Industry, with headquarters in Cologne (www.eco.de).
26FIVE Global Lab for DE-CIX North America
+1 202 251 1793