Level 3 Unveils Encrypted Waves for Secure, Scalable Data Center and Cloud Connectivity
BROOMFIELD, Colo., Sept. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Maintaining the security of critical and sensitive data is no small feat for global enterprises. In today's cyber reality, even secure fiber optic networks can be at risk of unlawful interception and fiber tapping, or diversion of a transmission for unlawful surveillance. While cloud-based encryption solutions can address this vulnerability, they often do so at the cost of network performance. With encrypted waves from Level 3 Communications, Inc. (LVLT), global enterprises no longer need to trade network performance for encryption of their most critical and sensitive data.
Discover how high-capacity encrypted wavelengths by Level 3 secure mission-critical data between private data centers or to major cloud service providers (CSPs): http://www.level3.com/en/products/wavelength/.
- Level 3 encrypted waves help global businesses address increasing security threats, without sacrificing network performance.
- With encrypted waves by Level 3, enterprises have a single network view to simplify the operations of their security infrastructure, including encryption key management.
- Customers maintain complete access and control over their encryption keys via the MyLevel3 portal and a Level 3-provided key management system.
- Level 3 encrypted waves utilize Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption, the gold standard in encryption algorithms, in addition to dynamic key exchange and hitless key rotation for additional layers of security.
- The end-to-end optical solution features the highest levels of network performance, ultra-low latency and no throughput degredation, with fewer network elements, lower capital costs and minimal overhead required.
- As a protocol-agnostic solution, there is no need for enterprises to invest in additional encryption equipment to leverage encrypted waves between key customer locations or as a secure connection to CSPs .
- Encrypted waves are available across Level 3's expansive footprint in Europe and North America.
- Enterprises can manage their growing bandwidth demands by leveraging Level 3's encrypted waves in bandwidths ranging from 10 Gbps to 100 Gbps.
Brian Washburn, Director of Global Business Network and IT Services for Current Analysis
"Organizations are moving ever higher amounts of data over their networks and to data centers in remote locations, where fiber may be physically compromised. Encrypted wavelengths are designed to protect the most demanding, latency sensitive fiber transport services. This new option can provide wavelength services that are both fully managed and secured end-to-end, all presented to the enterprise and controlled through Level 3's customer portal."
Paul Savill, SVP of Core Products for Level 3
"Every element of a critical network today has to be hardened against security attacks. Level 3 encrypted waves offer enterprises peace of mind by addressing security threats such as unlawful interception and fiber tapping, without sacrificing network performance. Unlike other optical encryption solutions on the market today, our solution provides greater direct customer control with built-in encryption key management through our portal. This is just one example of how Level 3 continues to deliver a truly customer-defined adaptive networking experience."
- Discover the drivers for encrypted waves
- Realize the benefits of optical encryption
- Explore how encrypted wavelengths accelerate and protect the application-driven network
- Watch this video to gain strategies for addressing the evolving threat landscape
For more information on Level 3's advanced network and service offerings, visit www.level3.com.
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
+ 1 720-888-2518