New Enterprise Communication Solution Helps Customers Reduce VoIP Networks Cost, Complexity and Security Vulnerabilities
- Sonus announces a new bundled solution, Sonus Advantage, built around the needs of enterprise security, intelligent session control and media interworking.
- Sonus Advantage combines Sonus’ SBC, PSX and EMS into a value-priced, best-of-breed solution for enterprises.
- Sonus Advantage will allow enterprises to leverage existing assets while migrating to IP-based UC in their networks.
For Immediate Release: July 31, 2017
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SONS, news, filings), a global leader in securing cloud and real-time communications, introduced today a bundled solution, Sonus Advantage, that will help enterprises deploy unified communications (UC) more quickly, easily and securely in their networks. Sonus Advantage addresses the growing need among enterprises to quickly adapt their network capabilities as they transition from legacy-based TDM communications to IP-based UC. The new solution from Sonus brings industry-leading security, policy and interworking together, creating a best-of-breed platform for UC that is secure, smart and simple.
As enterprises transition to IP-based UC, they encounter new requirements for security, call routing, interworking and network management. Existing network solutions such as next-generation firewalls do not provide the robust security or session control capabilities that UC demands. Sonus Advantage provides a UC-centric platform that allows enterprises to quickly, safely and efficiently transition to real-time IP communications without exposing their network to security or quality issues.
The new solution focuses on three key benefits for enterprises:
- Security that protects the communications network, ensures customer privacy and meets industry compliance requirements;
- Intelligent session control including centralized dial plans, centrally managed policies, call/session state awareness, least cost routing and adaptive overload controls; and
- Legacy equipment interworking for multi-vendor PBXs, video conferencing, as well as contact centers for fax machines, interactive voice response (IVRs) units, and voice transcoding services.
Sonus Advantage is available as a value-priced bundle that allows enterprises to scale their UC environment from a single office to multiple regions easily and cost-effectively. All of this is managed through a single EMS, thereby reducing operational complexities. As a pre-integrated, vendor agnostic solution, Sonus Advantage enables enterprises to quickly adopt UC in their network while minimizing risk, disruption and delays.
“Migrating to modern unified communications solutions is rarely a clean break for businesses,” said Michael Brandenburg, Industry Analyst, Information and Communication Technologies, Frost & Sullivan. “The new Sonus Advantage bundled solution provides all of the elements that businesses need during transition and beyond, including security, intelligent session control, and support for legacy equipment.”
“Enterprises know that unified communications are the future. What they don’t know is where to start,” said Mykola Konrad, vice president, Product Management and Marketing, Sonus. “Sonus Advantage gives enterprises an affordable, logical starting point in migrating their legacy communications networks by focusing on the core capabilities of security, session control and interworking.”
- Sonus was recently named the 2017 North American eSBC Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan.
- The Sonus SBC portfolio received a 2016 Network Security Excellence Award from INTERNET TELEPHONY.
- Learn more about Sonus Advantage.
- Get your free copy of Securing Real-Time Communications for Dummies.
- Download Frost & Sullivan’s award write up: Sonus Networks 2017 North American eSBC Company of the Year.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
– See more at: https://www.sonus.net/resources/press-releases/sonus-accelerates-and-simplifies-enterprise-unified-communications#sthash.CVm6zcGN.dpuf