SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - June 14, 2017) - Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced thati3D.net, a Dutch managed-hosting provider with global reach, has chosen Juniper Networks' Software-Defined Secure Networks platform to protect its network against DDoS attacks and other threats, while reducing its time to deploy to new data centers worldwide.
i3D.net serves over 31,000 customers on 10,500 i3D.net servers in 22 data center locations worldwide. The company has a broad range of gaming publishers, game developers, system integrators, hosting providers and enterprise customers who require high-performance, secure and flexible networks.
- i3D.net deployed Juniper Sky™ Advanced Threat Prevention (ATP) and the vSRX Virtual Firewall at its global internet backbone and carrier neutral SmartDC data center. The solution provides protection from malicious and hard to detect malware across virtual and physical environments.
- Sky ATP is designed to use machine learning to continually analyze web and email files and detect evasive malware before businesses are affected. Its identification technology uses a variety of techniques to quickly detect and prevent an impending cyber-attack. The solution is designed to provide a strong defense against advanced malware, such as the WannaCry family of ransomware.
- i3D.net is known for rapid deployment of servers globally. With Juniper's vSRX, i3D.net can deploy new firewalls and security policies at these locations quickly, bringing agility and consistent security to company operations.
- SRX Series Services Gateway delivers a complete virtual firewall solution, including advanced security services, robust networking and automated virtual machine life cycle management capabilities.
- i3D.net is an existing Juniper Networks customer and deploys Juniper's high-performance switching solutions across its network.
"The threat landscape is constantly changing and we have to adapt at the same pace because our business is online 24x7. For instance, online gaming is a big part of our business and is one of the fastest growing markets and economies in the world. With the availability of different platforms that range from personal computers to smartphones and tablets, its popularity and market size makes gaming platforms and users ideal targets for hackers. We selected Juniper’s SDSN platform to help us detect, identify, mitigate and prevent security issues anywhere in the network, keeping our own, and our customers’ infrastructure, safe."
- Edwin Verwoerd, networking manager at i3D.net
"i3D.net operates a global distributed hosting platform, so we require a security solution that enables consistent and dynamic protection at scale. Juniper's virtual SRX firewalls meet and exceed our secure network requirements. Our network team scaled the vSRX to mitigate DDoS attacks and filter malicious traffic aimed at our customer's services. Security and performance are our number one priorities and Juniper's SDSN platform allows us to deliver."
- Stijn Koster, chief executive officer at i3D.net
"Fast-paced organizations like i3D.net require a secure and adaptable infrastructure, as its shared network infrastructure supports sensitive and critical information with combined data, voice and video services. Juniper's custom-built secure networking solutions give i3D.net a solid foundation for fast growth and digital business transformation."
- Mihir Maniar, vice president, security product management at Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. Our team co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks with agility, performance and value. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks(www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Juniper and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.