Virtualization Supports Risk-free Testing Environment to Enhance Service Innovation for Coloclue’s ISP Members
SUNNYVALE, CA–(Marketwired – May 17, 2017) – Juniper Networks (NASDAQ:JNPR, news, filings), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced thatColoclue, a non-profit, fully independent association of network specialists, will deploy Juniper Networks® vMX Virtual Router to build out its next-generation production network. Coloclue is operated entirely by volunteers, some working for global internet service providers (ISPs) and Web Hosting companies.
The vMX is a full-featured, carrier-grade virtual router, which will enable Coloclue to refresh its entire network environment. In support of this, Coloclue will deploy the vMX on the NFX250 Network Services Platform, and use the advanced automation features of Junos OS on their journey to create a Self-Driving Network®, which is expected to reduce testing time and costs and free up staff for higher-value activities. Coloclue believed the deployment of vMX on the NFX250 provided it with the most cost-effective solution to refresh its network environment, thereby supporting the non-profit’s objectives.
- Deploying Juniper’s vMX on the NFX250 Network Services Platform provides a high-performance, highly-automated and operationally-efficient network that will provide a high-performance production environment for Coloclue members. Members will also leverage the production network to test and troubleshoot new applications prior to roll-out.
- The vMX provides a comprehensive suite of advanced routing functions and an open platform for network automation, allowing engineers to create a realistic network environment while gaining experience with a wide variety of automation tools that reduce the resources needed to operate the network, and allows them to focus on high-value testing and troubleshooting activities.
- Juniper Networks’ partner for the Coloclue deployment is Infradata B.V, a leading independent network integrator focused on designing, securing, implementing and managing next-generation networks for telecommunications operators, service providers and enterprises with mission critical networks.
“Coloclue had two significant requirements: to minimize our expenditure and maximize our investment in line with our non-profit organization objectives, and to meet the rigorous technical requirements of the engineers who will operate the network. Juniper Networks and Infradata understood our needs and provided us with a solution that delivers the best of both worlds. Running the vMX on the NFX250 is exactly the right mix for us: it is a cost-effective solution that we believe provides the most advanced networking and automation functionality on the market.”
– Paul de Weerd, chairman at Coloclue
“Coloclue’s use of Juniper’s vMX to create a complete new production network is an ingenious way to cost-effectively replicate their existing setting and provide a comprehensive environment that empowers continuous innovation. Juniper is delighted to support Coloclue on its journey of growth and creative evolution.”
– Denise Shiffman, senior vice president, product management at Juniper Networks
“Infradata B.V. is very pleased to support Coloclue in building its next-generation network environment. Infradata has extensive experience in building, securing and supporting the most critical network infrastructures and will leverage our knowledge and expertise to support Coloclue effectively.”
– Erwin Hemmen, managing director at Infradata B.V.
- Follow Juniper Networks online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Juniper Blogs and Community: J-Net
- Juniper 1on1 app: Keep up with all things Juniper right from your smartphone. Download the app from iTunes and Google Play store today.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with products, solutions and services that transform the economics of networking. Our team co-innovates with customers and partners to deliver automated, scalable and secure networks with agility, performance and value. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks(www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks, the Juniper Networks logo, Juniper and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
+44 (0) 1372 385 686