More than 100 Global Media Customers Rely On Cisco Holistic Security
APRIL 24, 2017
LAS VEGAS, NAB 2017 – content and experiences are at the heart of the media industry, as consumers increasingly place high value on anyscreen TV. Protecting that content and the revenue associated with it, is top priority for all media and entertainment companies.
Pirates are increasingly using IP connectivity to distribute content and services to consumers illegally. Streaming piracy in particular is a growing concern, now representing the greatest share of online video piracy activity.
With more than 8 billion connected video devices expected by 2021, every screen will become a TV, driving 82 percent of global IP traffic.
Most media companies today are in transition from using legacy serial digital interface (SDI) technology to IP technologies, and from traditional appliances to virtualized and cloud-based applications for media production and distribution.
The move to IP and cloud helps them create and deliver premium 4K/Ultra HD content across multiple devices – anytime, anywhere – while enabling new revenue-generating services and more engaging experiences with agility, flexibility and less cost.
The transition is also making the media industry more vulnerable to security threats. Hackers are increasingly launching sophisticated attacks that are hard to see and stop.The estimated industry time it takes companies to discover these attacks is between 100 and 200 days. The attacks are damaging for media companies resulting in business impact, service disruption, brand and revenue loss. In fact, 28% of media organizations admit to having experienced cyber attacks.
To protect against threats in this environment, media organizations need to adopt a new approach to achieve robust security. At NAB 2017, Cisco is showcasing its security solutions for media companies, now protecting more than 100 customers globally.
- Infrastructure Security: Cisco Security Architecture for Media combines best-of –breed, products and solutions across the network, endpoint and cloud with an architectural approach to security. Through products that integrate and share context and intelligence across an environment, Cisco’s architectural approach to security enables customers to “see once, stop everywhere.”
- Key products include Next-Generation Firewalls, Next-Generation IPS, Advanced Malware Protection, Cloud Security, Policy and Access, and Network Visibility and Enforcement
- Video Content and Service Protection: Cisco VideoGuard™ Everywhere solutions secure video services against piracy and service theft. Beyond protection, Cisco also monitors the integrity of the video service to detect incidents of breach with effective response.
- Recent innovations include Streaming Piracy Prevention for real-time detection and elimination of online streaming piracy, and Rapid Watermark, which enables fast identification of the specific source devices video pirates use.
With this vast security portfolio, media companies can protect their business, content, and service from attacks across the entire media production value chain with a holistic security approach (from content acquisition, production, distribution, and consumption.)
“Cisco, together with Italtel, a leading systems integrator, worked to deliver robust security protection across our Media business, including Imagina and Mediacloud subsidiaries,” said Jordi Soler, Chief Digital Officer, Mediapro.
“Mediapro deployed a broad mix of Cisco® security solutions as part of a multi-layered architectural approach to deliver security that protects our business, our infrastructure, and mission-critical applications, services, and data from cyber attacks.”
“Traditionally, security solutions are disjointed, complicated, and costly. Many media companies deploy a patchwork of disparate approaches across multiple vendors, leaving them vulnerable to devastating attacks” said Jeff Reed, senior vice president of Product, Security Business Group, Cisco. “Our architectural approach can help media and entertainment companies use security as a key business enabler to confidently move forward toward digitization. Cisco provides effective security that is simple, open, and automated.”
Cisco is building the simplified, automated and virtualized network platform of the future based on industry-leading software, systems, silicon and services. This enables service providers, media and web companies worldwide to reduce costs, speed time-to-market, secure their networks and sustain profitable growth.
- About Mediapro
- Cisco Service Provider Security Solutions
- Cisco Media Blueprint
- Cisco Service Provider business
- For more information about Cisco Service Provider Business news and activities at NAB visit the SP360 Blog, and follow us on Twitter @CiscoSPVideo and #CiscoNAB.
- Follow us on our LinkedIn page for targeted updates and announcements
- Subscribe to Cisco’s SP360 feed
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-feeds
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO, news, filings) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks.
 Cisco Mobile VNI Forecast 2016-2021 cisco.com/go/vni
+1 (770) 236-2181 email@example.com
+1 408 526 6914 firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 20 8824 4283 email@example.com