WASHINGTON, March 06, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- DuPont Fabros Technology Inc. (NYSE:DFT, news, filings), a leading owner, developer, operator and manager of enterprise-class, carrier-neutral, large scale, multi-tenant wholesale data centers, today affirmed its commitment to sustainability initiatives designed to benefit customers, the community and the greater environment.
“Since our beginning, DFT has sought to design, build and operate energy efficient data centers,” said Chris Eldredge, president and CEO. “Over the years, we have continued to build out our sustainability program based on customer feedback, as well as our commitment to be a good corporate citizen. Our program becomes more robust with each new data center design and each new data center we build. DFT’s commitment is to utilize 100% renewable energy in the future, which will benefit not only our customers, but also the communities we work and live in.”
“Our primary sustainability objectives are to improve the overall efficiency of our data centers while reducing wasted energy,” explained Chris Sweet, manager of EHS & sustainability. “We continue to make green infrastructure investments in our new developments that improve the customer experience without sacrificing the good of the environment. We take every measure to lessen the environmental impact of our facilities with the belief that working with other industries and communities, we can make a big difference.”
Examples of DFT’s sustainability program include:
- Data centers designed and built to achieve LEED credentials and certifications
- Data centers designed and built to have an industry-leading power usage effectiveness (PUE)
- Data centers that use reclaimed water, where available, instead of potable water for cooling
- Data centers that take advantage of free cooling conditions using water-side economization plants (plate and frame heat exchangers) with chiller assist
- The use of medium voltage (MV) electrical distribution
- The use of Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) controls on diesel engines to reduce the emission of oxides of nitrogen (NOx)
- The use of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD), reducing the production of sulfur oxides emissions
- The use of diesel oxidation catalyst controls on diesel engines to minimize carbon monoxide emissions
- The use of occupancy sensor controlled, energy reducing LED lighting
- Sourcing reliable, cost effective energy from a diverse array of traditional and renewable sources, offering customers access to clean energy
- Installing reflective white-colored roof membranes to increase solar reflectance and thermal emittance
- Installing waterless urinals in restroom facilities
- Providing recycling for cardboard and pallet waste.
“As one of the biggest data center providers in Northern Virginia, DFT’s partnership with Loudoun County is critical to maintaining a county that complies with the highest environmental regulations,” said Buddy Rizer, executive director Loudoun County, Virginia Economic Development. “DFT plays a significant role in the economic development of Loudoun while contributing to the greater good of a green community.”
DFT has been recognized and awarded for its sustainability initiatives, including the Recycled Water Customer of the Yearaward from the California chapter of WateReuse Association in 2012.
About DuPont Fabros Technology Inc.
DuPont Fabros Technology Inc. (NYSE:DFT) is a leading owner, developer, operator and manager of enterprise-class, carrier-neutral, large multi-tenant wholesale data centers. The Company’s facilities are designed to offer highly specialized, efficient and safe computing environments in a low-cost operating model. The Company’s customers outsource their mission-critical applications and include national and international enterprises across numerous industries, such as technology, Internet content providers, media, communications, cloud-based, healthcare and financial services. The Company’s 11 data centers are located in three major U.S. markets and total 3.3 million gross square feet and 287 megawatts of available critical load to power the servers and computing equipment of its customers. DuPont Fabros Technology is a real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.dft.com
For Additional Information: DFT Media Relations Mark Freeman Senior Director, Marketing +1 (202) 728-0044, ext. 123 DFT Investor Relations Jeffrey H. Foster Chief Financial Officer +1 (202) 478-2333 Steve Rubis Vice President, Investor Relations +1 (202) 478-2330