HANOVER, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
To support its recent expansion as a nationwide managed services provider, TelePacific Communications has deployed Ciena’s® (CIEN) programmable 8700 Packetwave Platform, which provides a scalable and cost-effective solution to support 100GbE services and beyond. This network upgrade helps enable TelePacific to provide unified communications, managed IT, connectivity, cloud and continuity services to customers anywhere in the country.
- TelePacific has evolved to a national managed services provider serving small businesses to multi-location enterprises with hundreds of sites. Today, it delivers five-nines performance guaranteed solutions over an access agnostic Ethernet ecosystem that uses advanced SD-WAN technology able to reach any location that has a broadband connection.
- TelePacific can now offer a variety of high-speed packet services nationwide with Ciena’s Carrier Ethernet 2.0 certified 8700 platform. Another key benefit of the 8700 is that it enables TelePacific to provide reliable high-bandwidth connectivity and support a variety of wavelengths, up to 100G, that can be easily turned up as demand dictates.
- TelePacific is also utilizing Ciena’s 8700 as part of standards testing performed at the University of New HampshireInteroperability Lab (IOL). This work supports the advancement of industry standards with the Metro Ethernet Forum by facilitating the creation of interoperable services between operators across the industry.
- LightRiver Technologies, Inc., an integrator of next-generation, Factory Built Network® transport solutions for carrier-grade networks and a Ciena Diamond-level BizConnect partner, provided network design and turnkey implementation package, project management and technical support.
- “At TelePacific our goal is to provide customers with one of the most reliable MEF compliant networks in the country and to ensure they get the level of service they need. Ciena and LightRiver play a key role in this mission, helping to expand our coverage area and offer new capabilities in our Ethernet ecosystem.”
- David Zahn, Senior Vice President Marketing, TelePacific
- “With Ciena’s 8700 Packetwave as its core network packet switch, TelePacific Communications has reduced their dependency on routers to reliably offer 10G to 100G grooming and switching of MEF CE2.0-certified services to their customers.”
- Jason Phipps, Vice President & General Manager, North America, Ciena
- “Combining the individual ecosystem strengths of Ciena and LightRiver has again proven to help our customers, like TelePacific Communications, quickly deliver revenue producing services.”
- Michael Jonas, President Global Sales & Marketing, LightRiver Technologies, Inc.
About TelePacific Communications
TelePacific Communications is a premier national managed services provider delivering comprehensive business communications solutions with guaranteed performance to 75,000 locations nationwide for customers ranging from small businesses to enterprises with hundreds of sites. TelePacific’s broad portfolio enables companies to focus on growing their bottom lines instead of overseeing their infrastructure. Headquartered in Los Angeles, the 1,650 person, $664 million enterprise’s award-winning managed services, networks, continuity solutions and focus on customer service have powered 57 consecutive quarters of growth. For more information, go to www.telepacific.com.
Ciena (CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
About LightRiver Technologies, Inc.
LightRiver Technologies designs, engineers, commissions and supports next generation solutions for mission-critical clients that require the highest capacity, reliability and resiliency that today’s optical communications technology can deliver. A leader in integrating the multi-vendor, Factory Built Network® solution, LightRiver is an expert in Tier 1 Packet Optical, DWDM/ROADM, MPLS and Carrier Ethernet systems, and in successfully migrating legacy networks to the next generation. LightRiver delivers unique value across the United States with turnkey solutions, carrier-grade quality and unparalleled customer care in multi-technology networking. For more information, please visit www.lightriver.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.