Hybrid IT Solutions Provider Expanding Texas Footprint with New Data Center Boasting 148,000 Square-Feet of Raised Floor and 1.3 Power Usage EffectivenessDenver and Plano, TX—September 19, 2016 —ViaWest, a leading provider of Hybrid IT Solutions and Colocation in North America, today announced that its Plano data center, located in Plano, TX, is now operational. With 148,000 square-feet of raised floor at full build, the Plano data center features a Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) projected at 1.3, among the lowest PUE of any colocation facility in the industry, as well as a fully redundant uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and multiple redundant fiber optic telecommunication networks.
ViaWest, which already has eight Texas data centers with more than 276,000 square feet of raised floor capacity, is expanding its presence in this central U.S. location to take advantage of the State’s supply of stable energy, low risk of natural disasters, ready access to fiber networks and competitive regulatory environment with a low state tax burden. Customers at the new data center will have access to ViaWest’s variety of Hybrid IT and infrastructure solutions, including cloud, colocation, compliance services and security solutions, all of which are designed to solve business challenges while balancing cost, scalability and security requirements.
“ViaWest has a long-established presence in Texas, a place with high private sector growth, a thriving technology community and low tax burden,” said Nancy Phillips, president and CEO of ViaWest. “Texas offers a number of benefits to ViaWest and its customers and we determined that Plano was an ideal location for our newest data center to meet the enduring demand for our Hybrid IT solutions.”
In addition to 148,000 square-feet of raised floor, the Plano data center offers:
- Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) projected at 1.3, among the lowest PUE of any colocation facility in the industry
- 700+ Watts/SF high density capacity availability
- Cooling system with 6,000 tons of redundant, fault tolerant capacity
- High security with 24x7 key card access with secondary biometric authentication, 6 zone security access
- 100 percent Service Level Agreement (SLA) for power, bandwidth and network services availability
- All physical entry, environmental, power and networks monitored real-timeLike its other data centers, ViaWest’s Plano data center was designed to meet multiple standards applicable to customers, including SSAE 16 and ISAE 3402, Service Organization Control (SOC) 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 reports, as well as PCI and HIPAA. With a dedicated, on-site staff of trained engineers available 24x7x365 and a 100 percent uptime commitment, ViaWest’s newest data center offers the company’s signature exceptional customer experience along with physical security monitoring and high resolution video surveillance to provide customers with peace of mind that their information is in a highly secure facility and available.
To learn more about the Plano data center please visit https://www.viawest.com/data-centers/texas/plano-data-center. For more information about ViaWest’s Hybrid IT Solutions, please visit www.viawest.com.
ViaWest is a leading Hybrid IT Solutions provider offering cloud, colocation, compliance services and security solutions, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Shaw Communications Inc. (NYSE: SJR). With more than 17 years of experience, 30 North American data centers and multiple cloud nodes, ViaWest offers IT and infrastructure solutions that solve business challenges while balancing cost, scalability and security requirements. ViaWest delivers tailored solutions designed for maximum reliability and flexibility backed by our 100% uptime commitment.
For media inquiries, please contact:
fama PR for ViaWest