BROOMFIELD, Colo., Sept. 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Adaptive Threat Intelligence, the latest security solution from Level 3 Communications (NYSE:LVLT, news, filings), provides customized threat intelligence and alerting for customers. The cloud-based service builds on Level 3’s portfolio of flexible, efficient security solutions. It is available in all regions.
Adaptive Threat Intelligence leverages Level 3’s global internet visibility and a team of security experts to provide customers with the assistance of a managed service. Customers benefit from the research and findings of the Level 3 Threat Research Labs team, the mitigation expertise of the company’s security operation center (SOC) professionals and the ease of knowing which threats merit a response to the correlated and prioritized alerts.
Estimates from the Federal Bureau of Investigation put ransomware on pace to be a $1 billion dollar a year crime. Enterprises need a security service provider with the tools and expertise to fight these pervasive, and potentially expensive threats.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN THE FIVE “A”S OF THREAT MONITORING:http://news.level3.com/fiveasofthreatintelligence
How It Works:
- Adaptive Threat Intelligence is a one-stop shop for customers. They no longer have to purchase reputation feeds for malicious activity, manage on-premises boxes or have in-house resources to correlate threat data and identify risks on their network.
- Adaptive Threat Intelligence is a cloud-based service that handles these requirements, providing a personalized, ranked list of actual malicious communications, no hardware needed.
- Sampled customer data is correlated against known malicious communications using Level 3 proprietary analysis from threat data sources, including its DNS, CDN and MSS infrastructure, and third-party data.
- Customers receive near real-time alerts for correlated events on their network.
- Level 3 SOC experts are available to provide additional context, and if needed, to mitigate threats or escalating Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
- The interactive near-real time reporting system also provides historical views for additional analysis.
- As a global network services provider, Level 3 has an expansive view of worldwide Internet traffic and a broad view of risks. Level 3 takes action on wide-scale threats, protecting customers from known malicious actors.
- The solution distills actual communications, indicators of compromise (IoC), between customers and bad actors. The customer specific event information is available in the portal, security information and event management (SIEM) systems and email alerts.
- Customers benefit from having a team of Level 3 security experts to rely on for monitoring, enabling them to use their constrained security resources with greater efficiency.
- Level 3 collaborates across the threat intelligence community, benefiting its network and customers.
- Adaptive Threat Intelligence aligns with Level 3’s other secure, efficient solutions like Adaptive Network Security and DDoS Mitigation Service.
- Near real-time monitoring and threat notification
- Portal-based, actionable, automated and context-rich reports
- 24/7 SOC expert support
- Integrated event feed to customers’ security information and event management (SIEM) platform
- Email alerts
Christina Richmond, Program Director, Security Services with Infrastructure Services Research Group, IDC
“CIOs and CISOs I speak with tell me the landscape is complex both internally and externally. They need visibility into the threats relevant to their company so they can prioritize security initiatives. The key for these IT leaders is to work with a company that has a breadth and depth of threat intelligence and makes the information consumable and relevant. Level 3’s Adaptive Threat Intelligence combines customized intelligence and expertise to provide customers with actionable communications, specific to their network. With IDC predicting intelligence-based products will be ten times more valuable to enterprises by 2020, now is the time to invest in a solution.”
Anthony Christie, Chief Marketing Officer, Level 3
“Investigating threats using intelligence or reputation feeds is painful for customers. They need a smart filter for their security alerts to help them understand their priorities and to allocate resources. We correlate and prioritize live communications and rank the potential risks for customers, taking the burden off their IT and security teams so they can focus on their core business initiatives.”
- Read The Product Brochure
- Learn The Five “A”s of Threat Monitoring
- Watch the Network-based Security Overview Video
- Watch the Strategies for the Evolving Threat Landscape Video
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE:LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3’s comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management’s current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3’s control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company’s ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.