TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Limelight Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:LLNW, news, filings), a global leader in digital content delivery, today announced the expansion of its comprehensive Cloud Security Services with the availability of Limelight Web Application Firewall (WAF), a new cloud-based security service that detects and stops application attacks in real time, protecting websites and web applications from common threats and specialized attacks. The service is integrated with Limelight’s global Content Delivery Network (CDN), providing a secure, distributed architecture that delivers cost-effective protection for web applications without sacrificing performance for security.
Businesses today face growing security threats such as targeted attacks to bring down websites, impact performance and steal information. Data sourced from the 10th Annual Worldwide Infrastructure Security Report found that 20 percent of all service providers and 29 percent of all enterprises reported attacks targeting the application layer.
The new cloud-based Limelight WAF service eliminates HTTP application threats by identifying and blocking common attacks such as Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection. Requests for an application are filtered in real time and analyzed based on rules from the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) 10 most critical security risks. When a new vulnerability is identified, a new security rule is created and pushed to all WAF nodes. As a result, an organization’s web applications are protected 24/7/365 against data theft and defacement of websites.
Companies in the gaming industry, for example, can use Limelight WAF to fight off bot attacks aimed at accessing protected sections of the website or downloading games for free. For e-commerce, Limelight WAF can identify and block brute force attacks aimed at stealing confidential client information such as credit card numbers and personal data.
"Web Applications are attacked around the clock, and the attackers have all the time in the world to try to figure out new ways to breach your websites and cause havoc,” said Steve Miller-Jones, Senior Director of Product Management at Limelight Networks. “This is where Limelight WAF can help. It protects the integrity of your applications by providing the most accurate and advanced cloud-based protection to ensure an always-secure online experience for you and your customers.”
Limelight WAF is the newest addition to the comprehensive Limelight Cloud Security Services, which ensures website availability and secures and controls access to digital content.
Security services from Limelight include:
- DDoS Attack Protection and Mitigation -- DDoS Attack Interceptor provides a strong origin and website protection solution against a wide range of DDoS attacks with always-on threat detection at the edge.
- Digital Rights Management (DRM) -- Distribute video to any device without worrying about the complexity associated with protecting it.
- Secure Delivery (HTTPS) -- Deploy your own SSL certificates or use Limelight to procure and manage them on your behalf for secured global delivery.
- URL Tokenization –- MediaVault prevents unauthorized access and deep linking to content by ensuring that the requester is using a valid URL.
- Geo-Fencing -- Restrict access to content by region or IP range based on customizable parameters.
- IP Access Control –- Allows you to control access to your assets, assisting your workflows without compromising Geo-Fencing requirements. Support for CORS ensures that your content is correctly syndicated.
Limelight Networks, a global leader in digital content delivery, empowers customers to better engage online audiences by enabling them to securely manage and globally deliver digital content, on any device. The company’s award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations secure digital content, deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read our blog, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and be sure to visit Limelight Connect.