SÃO PAULO, Sept. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Level 3 Communications, Inc. (LVLT) launched the next generation version of Dynamic Enterprise Computing, its cloud computing platform for the enterprise market in Latin America.
The upgraded cloud-based offering provides more self-service options so customers can manage their cloud lifecycle with a solution tailored to their company's information management model. The solution lets customers select among several types of computing services.
Level 3's Upgraded Dynamic Enterprise Computing Includes:
- Next generation tools and an operational model which allows customers to manage network, security and computing systems in a centralized and connected manner, independent from the physical components, basic software and architectures that support it.
- A new management portal and automation of several stages of the service implementation, with minimum manual intervention.
- A redesigned portal that provides customers with the ability to control their cloud landscape with autonomy and manage their information and communications technology (ICT) from any location.
- The ability for customers to select from a portfolio of processing, memory and disk solutions to determine what best fits their information management model.
- The option to select managed services to delegate the management of their operational systems, databases and approved applications to Level 3 specialists.
- Flexibility for users. Customers can select the Internet Committed + Usage service, which allows users to define a capacity baseline to determine normal usage. If the customer exceeds this limit, they only pay for the difference.
- Easy integration with other solutions in Level 3's portfolio of data, security, video, voice and unified communications services.
Rogerio Vinicius Amaro da Silveira, IT Director, Stefanini, a global provider of technology-based business solutions
"Level 3 is an important business partner for Stefanini. Its enterprise Cloud solution, Dynamic Enterprise Computing, in addition to the usual market characteristics such as self-service, scalability and flexibility, guarantees us available computing resources and a level of professional support and services which is very different from those seen in the market. It also offers the peace of mind in knowing their professionals are on-site in the data centers 24/7."
Gabriel del Campo, Senior Vice President for Data Centers, Level 3 Latin America
"Today, the market demands cloud solutions be self-manageable, where the end user has total control of its own operation with the flexibility to make on-demand changes to meet varied market conditions. The upgraded version of Level 3's Dynamic Enterprise Computing offers this option to all of our customers. Level 3 is focused on understanding its customers' needs and designing the best solutions for them."
About Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (LVLT) is a Fortune 500 company that provides local, national and global communications services to enterprise, government and carrier customers. Level 3's comprehensive portfolio of secure, managed solutions includes fiber and infrastructure solutions; IP-based voice and data communications; wide-area Ethernet services; video and content distribution; data center and cloud-based solutions. Level 3 serves customers in more than 500 markets in over 60 countries across a global services platform anchored by owned fiber networks on three continents and connected by extensive undersea facilities. For more information, please visit www.level3.com or get to know us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
© Level 3 Communications, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Level 3, Vyvx, Level 3 Communications, Level (3) and the Level 3 Logo are either registered service marks or service marks of Level 3 Communications, LLC and/or one of its Affiliates in the United States and elsewhere. Any other service names, product names, company names or logos included herein are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. Level 3 services are provided by subsidiaries of Level 3 Communications, Inc.
Some statements made in this press release are forward-looking in nature and are based on management's current expectations or beliefs. These forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside Level 3's control, which could cause actual events to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the statements. Important factors that could prevent Level 3 from achieving its stated goals include, but are not limited to, the company's ability to: increase revenue from its services to realize its targets for financial and operating performance; develop and maintain effective business support systems; manage system and network failures or disruptions; avert the breach of its network and computer system security measures; develop new services that meet customer demands and generate acceptable margins; manage the future expansion or adaptation of its network to remain competitive; defend intellectual property and proprietary rights; manage risks associated with continued uncertainty in the global economy; manage continued or accelerated decreases in market pricing for communications services; obtain capacity for its network from other providers and interconnect its network with other networks on favorable terms; successfully integrate future acquisitions; effectively manage political, legal, regulatory, foreign currency and other risks it is exposed to due to its substantial international operations; mitigate its exposure to contingent liabilities; and meet all of the terms and conditions of its debt obligations. Additional information concerning these and other important factors can be found within Level 3's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Statements in this press release should be evaluated in light of these important factors. Level 3 is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any such obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.