Gabby Douglas is a member of the U.S. Women’s Gymnastics Team participating in the 2016 Olympic Games.
Q: How does it feel to be representing Team USA in back-to-back Olympic Games?
- Amazing! Winning gold in London in 2012 was such a special memory that I’ll never forget. Not many gymnasts get a chance to do it twice, so I’m definitely looking forward to it.
Q: What’s your favorite part about competing at the Olympic Games?
- It’s an indescribable feeling when you get a chance to represent your country. My favorite part is being able to be on the world’s stage, wearing the red, white and blue, and competing against the world’s best in our sport.
Q: What’s your favorite memory from the Olympic Games in London?
- Definitely team finals and winning the all-around gold medal.
Q: What have you enjoyed most about the #ATTFanmate campaign?
- The coolest thing is being able to connect with fans who are cheering me on. It just pumps me up even more to know that there are so many people out there supporting me. It’s awesome to share a quick video with my #ATTFanmate fans on my progress as I get ready for Rio.
Q: How do you like to spend your free time when you aren’t competing or training?
- Right now, it would probably be playing with my Gabbymoji Keyboard! Other than that, I just enjoy my downtime hanging out with friends and family.
Q: What are you looking forward to the most in Rio?
- I’m looking forward to competing and defending our team gold medal as well as my all-around individual gold medal. I’ve trained extremely hard to go to the Olympic Games and it’s an honor to be a part of Team USA again.
Q: What’s your favorite gymnastics moment?
- There’s been some great moments throughout my career, but becoming the first woman of color of any nationality and first African-American woman to win the women’s all-around at the Olympic Games is something I’ll always cherish. Being viewed as a role model has been equally meaningful.
Q: If you weren’t a gymnast, what would you be doing today?
- I’ve been in the gym majority of my life, but if I could do anything else I could picture myself on Broadway.
Q: What do you eat before a competition?
- I’m all about eating healthy – so a good protein and some veggies is likely what I’ll have. One of my favorite meals is marinated and baked salmon, grilled asparagus, baked sweet potatoes and some of my grandmother’s corn pudding…so good!
Q: What’s your favorite event?
- I love them all!
Q: Other than winning a gold medal, what’s your favorite Olympic Games moment?
- Walking out with all of my teammates in the team finals competition was one of my most memorable moments.
Q: How do you use AT&T’s services?
- Since I travel all the time, I’m grateful to be able to easily stay connected with friends and family while on the road. Not everyone can come to my events, so it’s really important that I can stay in touch with them. I’m especially grateful for AT&T’s Passport program which will help me stay connected with everyone in the US while in Rio.